• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Call me a doubter but all the evidence you need to not take any chart seriously is on that page. I'm talking about the statement below the chart that says 'As you may have noticed: The original Bitcoin Rainbow Chart is dead! '

So the last one we said was going to happen didn't happen so here is a new one based on the data we didn't expect so take this one as gospel.

It's just ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    Folks won't desert the space until the pattern stops repeating. Ever since BTC's creation, all you had to do was buy near a bear market low and you multiplied your money 20-fold within 2-3 years. I suspect many are currently on the sidelines waiting to pile in when the current cycle bottoms out, with the expectation of it being $200k+ in a few years time. I've seen on trading forums that the dream is still there of $500k or $1m.
    Rainbows and Unicorns

https://www.blockchaincenter.net/en/...rainbow-chart/

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

I know, right? What a fooking *****d
    But, it still wasn't his fault. A big boy did it an ran away

"The hardest thing about this loss is - we didn’t get the chance to lose the money ourselves, it was just taken from us."

Hard to feel sympathy for someone who won't take responsibility for their own actions.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by pr1 View Post

Sorry mate but I'm gonna need to see some charts with coloured lines and arrows on for me to take you seriously
    The graphs only work if you talk about candles, doji, and flippity-doo-dahs

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

If, by summer, you mean a hot period where the post-firesale accumulated value of all crypto assets drops to $10k, then I think you're right, "summer" is also coming shortly after winter.
    It would certainly be for the better if it died a death but I suspect there are far too many out there who still believe it's a road to riches.

I thought it was dead after the 2017 run-up, and subsequent collapse from $20k to $3k, but it then went up over 20-fold to nearly $70k last year.

Moral of the story: never rule out idiotic human behaviour.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied

I wouldn't bet against BTC having another huge run up. The perception out there is that it's still a long-term NGU, and it's only a matter of time before crypto winter turns into summer.

Not sure where the current cycle will bottom out but $10k looks on the cards.
    If, by summer, you mean a hot period where the post-firesale accumulated value of all crypto assets drops to $10k, then I think you're right, "summer" is also coming shortly after winter.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by pr1 View Post

Sorry mate but I'm gonna need to see some charts with coloured lines and arrows on for me to take you seriously

Leave a comment:

• pr1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

These numbers are probably within reach for the accumulated value of all crypto assets.
    I wouldn't bet against BTC having another huge run up. The perception out there is that it's still a long-term NGU, and it's only a matter of time before crypto winter turns into summer.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    I've seen on trading forums that the dream is still there of $500k or $1m.
    These numbers are probably within reach for the accumulated value of all crypto assets.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X