• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post

I will buy the very large dips and hodl until haz lambos
    I have on several occasions sold during a utterly calamitous slide, only for it to immediately rebound... I mean literally you couldn't draw on the chart a worse place. It's becoming quite amusing since it's only small amounts, I'm thinking of charging people to tell them when I sell.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Crypto is having a fun week or two.

I'm sure I would be substantially richer if I wrote a "Big Red Button" script that sold off all my holdings anytime there's a big red candle.
    I know I would be richer if I resisted the urge to sell when things are plunging
    I will buy the very large dips and hodl until haz lambos

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Crypto is having a fun week or two.

I'm sure I would be substantially richer if I wrote a "Big Red Button" script that sold off all my holdings anytime there's a big red candle.
    I know I would be richer if I resisted the urge to sell when things are plunging

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Oh look!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_renminbi

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Oh.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58678907

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Crypto is only an investment these days not a currency, the days when someone pays for a coffee with Bitcoin are never coming back
    Agree on the buying a coffee level of use but it could make sense for PayPal to enable Crypto as payment for online purchases etc. International purchases and fund transfers without currency fees would be the obvious uses.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    So you can now buy Crypto via your PayPal account.

Bitcoin
    Bitcoin Cash
    Etherium
    Litecoin

Buy direct from your PayPal account. Paypal take a service fee based on the purchase value.

No wallets, no keys, no accounts on trading sites etc. Crypto stays in your PayPal account. Paypal indemnify against any losses from theft.

No ability to pay for stuff with it yet but makes it very easy for punters to buy and sell in a familiar setting.

Crypto is only an investment these days not a currency, the days when someone pays for a coffee with Bitcoin are never coming back

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    So you can now buy Crypto via your PayPal account.

Bitcoin
    Bitcoin Cash
    Etherium
    Litecoin

Buy direct from your PayPal account. Paypal take a service fee based on the purchase value.

No wallets, no keys, no accounts on trading sites etc. Crypto stays in your PayPal account. Paypal indemnify against any losses from theft.

No ability to pay for stuff with it yet but makes it very easy for punters to buy and sell in a familiar setting.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    AtW, you should buy Bitcoin. It would be a win-win. Here's why.
    He clearly loves it. He contributes the majority of the posts in this thread after all. He's obsessed.

I see BTC pokes its head above $50k over the weekend. After the obvious breakout and not unsurprising fall-back, I wonder if it will stay above $50k or not - quite an important signal.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    AtW, you should buy Bitcoin. It would be a win-win. Here's why.

If it crashes and burns, you'll lose money but you will have been totally vindicated.
    If it goes to $500k, you'll be cross about it but you'll have multiplied your money 10-fold.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X