• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Invoicing in times of national mourning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTFY

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Straight down the pub, after submitting your timesheet first, of course.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      If you have shot her, I doubt invoicing will be the biggest of your worries.
      How did your correspondence with HMRC turn out in the end?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
        Its up to me if I work on the day the Queen dies and I doubt I'll care enough to lose a day of billable work.
        No MOO clause in your contract then?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Perhaps there'll be openings for "contract wailers" to look sorrowful on the day, if nobody else does.

Comment

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              No MOO clause in your contract then?
              My clients pay me to complete their project on time, I bill them for when I work. If they want to explicitly ask me to stop working they have that option, but otherwise its up to me. Seeing as I normally charge a weekly rate, if my client wants to lose a day of work that's up to them, they still get billed for the full week.

My point was, generally speaking, my clients do not control my working hours.
              Last edited by TheCyclingProgrammer; 20 March 2017, 18:44.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                Its up to me if I work on the day the Queen dies and I doubt I'll care enough to lose a day of billable work.
                I would have to have a few stiff drinks on realising her feckwit son and heir is now the new King.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'm a republican but I shall be sorry when she does snuff it 'cos that loathsome Prince of Daftness will become Charles III.

They had the right idea with the first one.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I thought the original article in The Guardian was excellent. Not so the Daily Mail poor copy.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      I'm a republican but I shall be sorry when she does snuff it 'cos that loathsome Prince of Daftness will become Charles III.

They had the right idea with the first one.
                      He doesn't have to become King Charles he can use any of his names and it's thought he is likely to become King George VII though everyone would prefer it if he became King Arthur. (He won't becoming King Phillip if the reports about the relationship with his dad are true.)

Oh this is another reason why the names of the heir and nearest spares has to be checked with the monarch so we don't end up with King Kevin or Queen Sharon.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X