• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coping with a scooterscot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coping with a scooterscot

Mine is a mental age of 11 months now, goes on about Scottish Independence a lot, probably slept through the night twice in 11 months, last 5 weeks have been the worse literally I get a few hrs respite from his forum posts at the max and he isn't really sick at the moment just a bit of a cold, has started nursery a month back so explains the extra illness. He stayed at his nans on Sat night and I feel bad saying it but I didn't miss him and dreaded him coming back online, I could sense the same from the rest of the forum, I feel so guilty, we do tolerate him and we are not bad forum members but literally now we feel like we are breaking point I dread going online in the eve. How the hell have others coped with a scooter as I can't believe that people would ever have more than 1 if what we are going through is the norm ?
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Mine's left the country and keeps wetting the bed regardless. HTHBIDI
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

His incessant squawking is because he can't articulate his thoughts and needs. Once he's got to grips with language you'll be able to discuss and reason with him. Another 5 years or so ought to do it.

Comment

I understand you tried to have him adopted by the Germans, but they didn't want him?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I understand you tried to have him adopted by the Germans, but they didn't want him?
          I even cast my net out as far as the Heathrow Thistle Hotel, they didn't want him back there either.

I cannot think why
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Its the amount of time he spends soiling himself that is amazing. Who thought someone thousands of miles and a few borders away could get so upset about what happens here.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Its the amount of time he spends soiling himself that is amazing. Who thought someone thousands of miles and a few borders away could get so upset about what happens here.
              I actually compare him to my dear old Grand Dad.

I have always said about him "Opinions are like @rseholes, everyone's got one."

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

The first thing to check is whether the sleeping environment is conducive to a good night's sleep. Remember, that a scooterscot lacks the capacity to make its own decisions in this area, so you will need to be firm and tell it when and where to sleep. Remember what happened last time it tried to assert its independence:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...n_England.html

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  The first thing to check is whether the sleeping environment is conducive to a good night's sleep. Remember, that a scooterscot lacks the capacity to make its own decisions in this area, so you will need to be firm and tell it when and where to sleep. Remember what happened last time it tried to assert its independence:

"Got a phone call at the beginning of the week, a client needed help with some mathematical models. Turns out there's no one left in the UK skilled enough so they called me in Munich"

I think we've found the problem. He's disappeared up his own arse.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post

Are you suggesting we should supply some kind of basket and blanket arrangement?

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X