• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

tax avoidance and evasion no longer exist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
    I don't get it.

I thought that the 7.5% dividend tax didn't apply to ISAs, and lower CT won't help retained funds since you've already paid it at the prevailing rate?

Of course the dividend tax will cause the stock market to plummet, so you could shift to a buy-to-let and save tax.
    You're correct. The dividend doesn't apply to investments held within an ISA nor does capital gains tax, or indeed any other income tax.

Still worth putting as much as you can in and reinvest the dividends to build it up.

I wouldn't rely on the Entrepreneur's Relief being available to PSC's in the long term.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      Who said I'd ever liquidate the company? Asset stored in it can provide income till the rest of your life with little admin
      Nice idea, only problem is that if company become non-trading it could get exposed to some punitive taxation measures in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
        You're correct. The dividend doesn't apply to investments held within an ISA nor does capital gains tax, or indeed any other income tax.

Still worth putting as much as you can in and reinvest the dividends to build it up.

I wouldn't rely on the Entrepreneur's Relief being available to PSC's in the long term.
        This has always been my medium/long term objective, but if it didn't work out then I would retain funds in the Ltd and buy assets (property) to generate income.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          This has always been my medium/long term objective, but if it didn't work out then I would retain funds in the Ltd and buy assets (property) to generate income.
          Now that's very dangerous - that kind of companies will be heavily taxed for sure, very very soon

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Now that's very dangerous - that kind of companies will be heavily taxed for sure, very very soon

why?

Don't property trading companies already exist?

Comment

Property trading is not the same as getting rent income from owned properties wrapped into an Ltd.

Comment

why?

It doesn't matter... for any value of X AtW's comment is "X will be very heavily taxed very soon"
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  It doesn't matter... for any value of X AtW's comment is "X will be very heavily taxed very soon"
                  someone has to pay for the squirrel bridges.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Too much doom and gloom in your vision IMO. There will always be niches, ways to make income etc. That won't change. You don't need to buy rental property, you could build one yourself etc. All sorts of investment options available once you've accumulated enough.

I'll keep on investing until it won't matter anymore

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      The latest was X = condoms. Something he will never have use for.

Comment

Working...
                      X