• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The official Britain has triggered article 50 thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Empire 2.0 is ready for take-off...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

So UK announces it will be going for Brexit, just as a third of the UK (geographically) is already planning to reverse that.

Not bad.....

at least 2/3 of the UK will be leaving the EU.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        I'd settle for knowing when Arsenal will finally win a game.
        Do you take your wife up the arse nal much?

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I'm no mathmagician but I'll bet the winning ticket will have the numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
        I think 0 will feature a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          So UK announces it will be going for Brexit, just as part of the UK is already planning to reverse that.
          They have no plans to reverse it. They have plans to whine. Nothing will happen as a result of the whining.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            I'm no mathmagician but I'll bet the winning ticket will have the numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
            Which explains your lack of understanding of percentages, e.g. 52% to 48%, 55% to 45% etc etc...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The GBP/EUR rate is down about 0.03% right now.

DOOOOOOOOOOM.

Just shows the markets have priced Brexit in - there would have been some head in the sand traders, but by and large there is nothing unexpected about the announcement it will happen on wednesday, and there will be nothing unexpected about the actual trigger on Wednesday itself.

There is probably something symbolic about Wednesday that they need to wait until then, I'm just not sure what it is. Probably some other bad news to bury.
              Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Do you take your wife up the arse nal much? - was that on the CCTV with the two chaps?

I think 0 will feature a lot.
                We are talking about the lottery ticket not Scotland's budget surplus.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Is it time yet?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Is it time yet?
                    Better not be, the fizz isn't properly chilled yet. 3 or 4 more hours should do it.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Nigel Farage preparing to emigrate
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X