• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking forward to the start of Brexit this week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Firstly, you are more likely to convert people to your way of thinking by demonstrating etiquette, decorum and empathy.
    I'm not trying to convert anyone. Particularly in the case of AtW.

However, as a Tory voter I don't particularly like being referred to as scum because someone doesn't like their policies and has to pay more tax.

Basic rule of politics, identify those you can change and work with them. Identify those you can't and don't let them take liberties.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Glad you've sobered up.
      I havent. Just worked out the correct rate of grey cell destruction so I get down to merely clever by retirement age
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post

However, as a Tory voter I don't particularly like being referred to as scum because someone doesn't like their policies and has to pay more tax.

Basic rule of politics, identify those you can change and work with them. Identify those you can't and don't let them take liberties.
        As a Tory (I am too) you should realise you're a "useless mouth" in society. Your net contribution to society given your IQ is likely to be negative.
        Atw on the other hand provides loads of high paying tech jobs, so he's much more valuable than you.

Hth, BIKIW.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

That is pretty much a staple design criteria of Politics is it not?

You last paragraph does lean on the side of exclusion rather than inclusion.

AtW does have a direct, somewhat conterverial, stance, However he does make the effort to reference his position.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
            That is pretty much a staple design criteria of Politics is it not?

You last paragraph does lean on the side of exclusion rather than inclusion.

AtW does have a direct, somewhat conterverial, stance, However he does make the effort to reference his position.
            There are only so many hours in a day. There is only so much work you can do. Don't waste time and effort on those with the extreme opposite opinion that you will never change.

Unfortunately by its nature, Brexit is rather divisive. Especially on here. You tend to get extremes. There are some reasonable middle readers but not many.

Comment

Bad news - Atw supported the Tories last time.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Don't care where he's from. And if you bothered to read some of my other posts you would know I have some good eastern European friends.

It's more a general life choice. If you hate the way somewhere is run and you are mobile, why stay? Why not go somewhere where you agree with the ruling party? Or is it just that he doesn't want to pay tax and expects everyone else to bend over for him?
                You must be related: 'The Internet Warriors' Highlights Immigrant-Hating Internet Troll Brit With Thai Wife | The Huffington Post
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Unfortunately by its nature, Brexit is rather divisive. Especially on here. You tend to get extremes. There are some reasonable middle readers but not many.
                  No. Not many left. You managed to drive most of them away with your attitude.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It does seem to be a theme that right wingers have foreign wives.
                    Doesn't apply to Gb9 though, he lives with his mum.
                    I realised that when he said prices hadn't risen since The Brexit ref.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      No. Not many left. You managed to drive most of them away with your attitude.
                      The degenerate vermin got what was coming to them.

Comment

Working...
                      X