• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Babies on Planes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I guess if I was left behind on a plane as a baby and sat on by MF for an entire transatlantic flight, I might be like that too.
    To be fair, I believe the crew did consider moving him but felt it was too risky to destabilise the plane's loading to that extent in mid-flight.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      To be fair, I believe the crew did consider moving him but felt it was too risky to destabilise the plane's loading to that extent in mid-flight.
      They've updated regs now so he's back on:

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        We can't moan about ghastly babies on planes??? Why do us full fare payers have to put up with their noise? They could put them in the cargo hold.
        Better not visit the cockpit then....

Comment

It's reasonable to expect someone to swap seats but why someone with a premium seat?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            It's reasonable to expect someone to swap seats but why someone with a premium seat?
            It's not. And as pointed out earlier in this thread exit row seats are for those without disabilities, over 15, and without an infant on their lap it's a moot point.

We could debate whether an exit row seat is a premium seat. The only premium seat I would consider in Economy is BA's 25D on an A380. At 25GBP it's an absolute steal.

Comment

If they charge you more it's a premium seat. If people consider it a more desirable seat it's a premium seat. But this distracts from the question, why they wanted someone to give up such a seat rather than anyone, so they can be together.

And yes it is reasonable that parents should be able to sit with their young child. If the system doesn't do it automatically, human decency is that the steward(ess) should politely ask people, and someone should offer. In a polite world, the steward(ess) would thank them and give them a free drink if it's not free to start with.
              It's like pausing to hold the door for someone with a baby in their arms... you're not obliged to do it but it's still the thing to do.

On our recent long-haul flight, for some reason we couldn't check in to the long 2nd leg of our flight until we got to the airport from our first flight... so the plane was absolutely full and we were all placed in middle seats. My wife is a very nervous flyer who couldn't cope sat on her own for 8 hours so we got someone to switch.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                MF, surely as a GCH you would know that this has been the case for quite a while now, assuming you would never travel in economy:
                • Seats on short haul flights in Club Europe start from £14/€17/$21.
                • On longer international flights, seats in Club World start from £62/€74/$93.

Gold and Silver card holders can choose seats at time of booking, and Bronze's 7 days before.

You would also know that Row 1 in CE is reserved for GCH as is Row 1 in F (or equivalent depending on metal). Of course F or A ticket holders do not pay for seat reservation, but the front row is indeed blocked unless they are Gold.

Paying for G&Ts in ET is where I have an issue.

(CFL is in an acronym mood)

Anyhow, I will always go out of my way to accommodate parents with children on a flight. It is living hell travelling with children. I am not so sure I would be so accommodating if I didn't fly in premium cabins MH & LH.
                Holy crap, it's Flyertalk does Contracting! ;-)

Comment

It's not. And as pointed out earlier in this thread exit row seats are for those without disabilities, over 15, and without an infant on their lap it's a moot point.

We could debate whether an exit row seat is a premium seat. The only premium seat I would consider in Economy is BA's 25D on an A380. At 25GBP it's an absolute steal.
                  Yeah if you can book it at -364 days.

Lower deck? <shudder>I'll stick to 53A/K thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BackupBoy View Post
                    Holy crap, it's Flyertalk does Contracting! ;-)
                    ****, I have been rumbled. Not on a EF to Mexico on BA F today, I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by BackupBoy View Post
                      Yeah if you can book it at -364 days.

Lower deck? <shudder>I'll stick to 53A/K thanks.
                      Seats? Such decadence....

Comment

Working...
                      X