• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Babies on Planes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    A little bit of Valium and a shot of whisky in the beaker always worked for me when I was a toddler
    Works for the old man too.

Comment

Personally I think families with babies and young children should be sat in a dedicated cabin area, preferably at the back of the plane with as much soundproofing as possible. Can't see it happening but if any airline dared to implement such a policy they would have my business for life.

Come to think of it maybe we could do the same with all the fatties who don't fit within the bounds of their armrests, while charging them a premium for the super-wide seats. Then normal people like me can fly in peace with some semblance of personal space.

Comment

Originally posted by Willapp View Post
        Personally I think families with babies and young children should be sat in a dedicated cabin area, preferably at the back of the plane with as much soundproofing as possible. Can't see it happening but if any airline dared to implement such a policy they would have my business for life.

Come to think of it maybe we could do the same with all the fatties who don't fit within the bounds of their armrests, while charging them a premium for the super-wide seats. Then normal people like me can fly in peace with some semblance of personal space.
        You are from Norfolk. When have you ever been near a plane other than to throw bread at it?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Willapp View Post

Why not just use 2 seats

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            ...So yes I agree, it's out of order to expect to be together on flights where companies like Easyjet just ram you in and don't take care over the seating & want you to pay.
            Don't know where you fly to, but on all the flights I've been on in the past few years with Easyjet you can choose your seats on booking, mostly for free - some seats carry a premium.

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
            From what I overheard, they'd booked the flight 2 days before & there were no 2 adjacent seats left available for reservation.
            Not your, nor anyone else's problem. They don't have to fly. What would they have done if the flight had been full'

Originally posted by sal View Post
            Some of the facts if the story smell like BS...
            Oh yes. Like many from this poster. Like the beggar with sores...
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Not your, nor anyone else's problem. They don't have to fly. What would they have done if the flight had been full'
              I remember being in this position with a baby and another young child, having to fly at short notice to a family funeral. It wasn't possible to check-in to adjoining seats, but we didn't have the bad luck to sit next to the 5-10% of the population who would take the attitude you demonstrate. Most people in the world are nice most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Most people in the world are nice most of the time.
                Yes, but most people in the world are not moderators coping with all the "baggage" that brings with it.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Yes, but most people in the world are not moderators coping with all the "baggage" that brings with it.

I guess if I was left behind on a plane as a baby and sat on by MF for an entire transatlantic flight, I might be like that too.

Comment

This is starting to sound like the BAEC forum on Flyertalk.

You don't want to be with normal people, tired and fustrated parents etc, for less time than you spend on the tube each week (a lot of you)?

Then do me a ******* favour, fly a premium airline in a premium cabin and stop ******* complaining about it. It sounds like you can all afford it. Maybe a young couple with a child can't.

Hell you'll all be complaining about Alex Cruz taking the flower out of the First class toilets soon.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Oh yes. Like many from this poster. Like the beggar with sores...
                      She's there at the bottom of La Rambla in Alicante every day.

Suit yourself whether you want to believe it or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X