• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Brits hurrying to become German citizens

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    You might be happy to throw caution to the wind but many Brits living in Germany are more educated than that.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      A very relevant topic for me and my family. The whole reason I'm working part time at the minute is to focus on my Deutsch lessons. Having to apply for a visa every time I apply for work in a EU country will kill my career. I prefer not to have the doubt. Good to read what other Brits are doing.
      Or perhaps that more Brits will decide to ply their knowledge on home turf? Why not come and join us?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        A very relevant topic for me and my family. The whole reason I'm working part time at the minute is to focus on my Deutsch lessons. Having to apply for a visa every time I apply for work in a EU country will kill my career. I prefer not to have the doubt. Good to read what other Brits are doing.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          Or perhaps that more Brits will decide to ply their knowledge on home turf? Why not come and join us?
          I'd rather eat a poo soufflé than work in a broken economy with overpriced housing and falling standards of living.

Besides the technology that allows me to work here does not exist in the UK.
          Last edited by scooterscot; 27 February 2017, 12:10.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
            I wonder if the Queen can apply for German passport based on lineage
            She doesn't have a British passport, allegedly for Constitutional reasons, but I reckon it's because she didn't qualify...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

There's no need to be so condescending to people who choose to live in a different country; you don't know the individual circumstances of every single person who lives abroad. Some times, there isn't much alternative - Hamburg has a particle accelerator for example and there are loads of immigrant engineers and scientists working there - are they supposed to just give up their entire research?

For my self, I would rather retain the status quo. But as that is not an option then I want to have security for me and my children who are in the German school system and are fluently bi-lingual.

Comment

As long as they renounce their UK citizenship then great.

Comment

Because post-Brexit, if multi-nationals leave or cut down, which seems economically sensible and plausible, Britain doesn't have the strength of economy or volume or size of firms to support everyone who would like to work here.

One of the more pernicious stupidities held by Brexiteers is that the British economy will miraculously be held in aspic post-Brexit.

DId you know for example that 80% of manufacturing firms in Britain with employees of a hundred or more are foreign-owned?

HTH, BIDI.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    German and a queen then, sorted.

Don't forget the bit of Greek in him.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Because post-Brexit, if multi-nationals leave or cut down, which seems economically sensible and plausible, Britain doesn't have the strength of economy or volume or size of firms to support everyone who would like to work here.

One of the more pernicious stupidities held by Brexiteers is that the British economy will miraculously be held in aspic post-Brexit.

DId you know for example that 80% of manufacturing firms in Britain with employees of a hundred or more are foreign-owned?

HTH, BIDI.
                      Thanks fountain of knowledge. I'll wait for the facts rather than your constant surmising as to the course of the UK economy.

Comment

Working...
                      X