• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spelling on LinkedIn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spelling on LinkedIn

I had a LinkedIn request today from someone from France with a very sketchy profile:
    Indépendant
    France
    I did a search for Independant on LinkedIn on the off-chance that it was a company name and was surprised how many Independant Consultants etc. there are on there.

If you are going to present yourself on a professional network you could at least use a spell checker

I hope when you replied in French it was word perfect.....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Got me worried for a moment, went in and checked, mine was correctly spelled

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
        Got me worried for a moment, went in and checked, mine was correctly spelled
        Them Americans have a lot to answer for!!!
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
          If you are going to present yourself on a professional network you could at least use a spell checker
          Calm down! Just relax, and enjoy your five daily servings....

Comment

I also get wound up over job specs (and I do Mean 'job') which are vague, generic job descriptions that are obviously generated to conform to some HR generic grouping. At best they are strong IR35 indicators and at worst list skills totally irrelevant to the contract because someone can't be bothered to actually spend 5mins listing what they want.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I hope when you replied in French it was word perfect.....
              Does anyone still use Word Perfect? Those were the days!

Comment

Working...
              X