• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have your cake and eat it.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh oh teach

Having years of accounts no one is willing to sign off because of a few billion in irregularities yet still demanding money from members?

An MEP getting €306 per day (on top of their €96,240 salary & €4,320 per month for expenses) for signing the attendance book and then going to ravish your mistress in Brussels.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
      Wasn't UK spending actually similar to France spending, just that the UK figure includes Pension liabilities?
      Dunno mate.

http://nato.int/nato_static_fl2014/a...pr2016-116.pdf
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        I need an EU example though.
        Wanting favoured tariff free access to the Single market without accepting FOM.

A bit like CETA.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          The benefit of NATO membership is shared defence, the obligation is 2% of GDP spent on defence.

Have your cake and eating it would be to want the protection of NATO but not pay the 2%.

Oh hang on a sec...
          NATO still works?

The US spends much but is nothing to do with NATO membership, that you can be sure of.

Interestingly, some of the most peaceful nations in that list are the same ones that spend the least. Coincidence or something more?

Yes or No answer will do.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            NATO still works?

The US spends much but is nothing to do with NATO membership, that you can be sure of.

Interestingly, some of the most peaceful nations in that list are the same ones that spend the least. Coincidence or something more?

Yes or No answer will do.
            I like to keep my car fuel tank at least a quarter full, because in an emergency at 2am I don't want to be worrying about filling up.

Comment

I like to keep my car fuel tank at least a quarter full, because in an emergency at 2am I don't want to be worrying about filling up.
              Scooter thinks its the governments / voters fault he has an empty tank.

Comment

The benefit of NATO membership is shared defence, the obligation is 2% of GDP spent on defence.

Have your cake and eating it would be to want the protection of NATO but not pay the 2%.

Oh hang on a sec...
                UK 'fails to meet' Nato national defence spending pledge
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

And in the article even NATO states that they believe we spent 2.21% on defence.... Another none story
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

oh dear wrong again

The Ministry of Defence rejected the figures, saying the think tank had got its sums wrong and Nato's own figures put the spending share at 2.21 per cent.
                    Even the article suggests if their figures are right (NATO say not) it was 0.2%

“The UK dipped slightly below this at 1.98 per cent, as its economy grew faster in 2016 than its defence spending.

“Nonetheless, the UK remained the only European state in the world's top five defence spenders in 2016.”
                    Now if project fear had delivered the promised Brexit recession we would have been alright.

Comment

Sounds like a technicality. 1.98% isn't exactly a huge underspend. I'm sure it will be addressed by MOD.

Comment

Working...
                      X