• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit bill passed into law, House of Lords to go.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit bill passed into law, House of Lords to go.

EU

Last edited by DimPrawn; 8 February 2017, 21:18.

I'm sure there was a Remnant who proudly said Brexit wouldn't happen after the Miller woman verdict. Wonder what happened to him.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
      I'm sure there was a Remnant who proudly said Brexit wouldn't happen after the Miller woman verdict. Wonder what happened to him.
      Emigrated to Belgium hopefully.

Comment

Oh Scooter, Darmstadt...

Comment

Just in.....initial reactions of pro-remainers.

Comment

Stick this in your 'ode to joy' Scottish Nazis Party sing-a-long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYLm5w5o10Q

Comment

It isn't law until Royal Assent, and the Lords will try their best to amend it into oblivion. An election remains a possibility, or appointing a few hundred Tory peers. Either way, the March timetable isn't guaranteed...

Comment

Has there been any suggestion whether the Lords will give this bill a hard time or not?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Has there been any suggestion whether the Lords will give this bill a hard time or not?
                  I think the Lord Speaker said they won't "sabotage" the Bill, and the Leader of the Opposition in the Lords said the same, but there are many individual Lords saying that they'll put in what amount to wrecking amendments. Take Lord Hain on Newsnight tonight, for example, who has an amendment on the Single Market and said "bring it on" about any threats to abolish the Lords. There are many like him. The most likely outcome is some ping-pong, which may disrupt the timetable and, less likely, may alter the actual Bill. I doubt they'll go nuclear, but they might. The Lib Dems will definitely go nuclear.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I thought yes but there was also a threat to stuff the Lords with peers who will support Brexit to push it through.

Comment

Working...
                    X