• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit bill passed into law, House of Lords to go.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    I'm sure there was a Remnant who proudly said Brexit wouldn't happen after the Miller woman verdict. Wonder what happened to him.
    Dunno, but I think you'll find most people who voted remain would agree that person was as delusional as brexiters currently are - crowing as though any other result was likely.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Dunno, but I think you'll find most people who voted remain would agree that person was as delusional as brexiters currently are - crowing as though any other result was likely.
      I'm sure I know which it was.

Anyway, you are correct in that the Lords may well put a stop to it. Obviously that will vote them into history but that will take time and as many are on their death bed they won't care.

Comment

I hope the Lords does block it, a GE and constitutional reform is essential.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          ...Anyway, you are correct in that the Lords may well put a stop to it. ...

1) I don't think they will
          2) They can't anyway - the government can force the bill through despite them. The Parliament Acts - UK Parliament

Comment

It's outrageous how MPs and the lords are bullied into accepting the brexit bill
            48% voted against Brexit and many people did not vote or were not allowed to vote because they were under 18 These have to be taken into consideration. So let's hope the Lords are not as scared for the bullies as the MPs and give it a real hard time

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

1) I don't think they will
              2) They can't anyway - the government can force the bill through despite them. The Parliament Acts - UK Parliament
              Yes, but that would take months. Even creating hundreds of meaningless members would take a while.

Comment

The HoL need to do the decent thing now and show the world how democracy works, put this bill in the shredder.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  The HoL need to do the decent thing now and show the world how democracy works, put this bill in the shredder.
                  What a funny idea of "democracy" you have.

Comment

Brexit bill passed into law, House of Lords to go.

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    It's outrageous how MPs and the lords are bullied into accepting the brexit bill
                    48% voted against Brexit and many people did not vote or were not allowed to vote because they were under 18 These have to be taken into consideration. So let's hope the Lords are not as scared for the bullies as the MPs and give it a real hard time
                    52 percent voted leave despite remain being the official government position, being funded by the government, with the full tools of government, available with all independent and EU affiliated institutions being pro remain, Obama back of the lining, and the untimely death of an outspoken remain campaigner who's tragic story was politically exploited by a pro-remain media (BBC) and London Elite just a few days before the vote.

Given that absolute mountain to climb, the marginal victory is stronger that what is portrayed. Indeed if Corbyn had the balls to stick by his convictions and labour to campaign vote leave, I think leave would have won by a much greater majority. Look at what Tony Benn and George Galloway have to say on the EU. This is Corbyn's true beliefs.
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      The HoL need to do the decent thing now and show the world how parliamentary democracy works, put this bill in the shredder.
                      Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                      What a funny idea of "democracy" you have.
                      I've fixed it for you - maybe you can understand now?

Comment

Working...
                      X