• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit DOOM™: £50 bln divorce bill to pay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Why do bremainers try to pick the most absurd analogy?

If its a Mortgage at the end I will own a property or have some equity So the EU can give me some property & cash when I sell up.
    Then the big bad USA will come along and put a compulsory purchase order on it for a minimum sum because you're in the way of 'World Domination Enterprises'
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Audited accounts of Sky are not relevant to subscribers' obligation to pay in full contractually agreed subscription period with Sky.

HTH
      yes but the UK is on the Board of directors & is a major shareholder.
      We are also a significant customer larger than many of the others, 20% of the EU.s turnover.

so again a poor analogy Sky would invite us to their Royal Box not try to kneecap us.

The EU is 27 countries with the biggest 7 subsidising the other 20 countries. We is one of the big 7.

Guess what we paid a lot more than smaller countries.

ACAFAR (Another Cr4p Analogy From A Bremainer).
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Then the big bad USA will come along and put a compulsory purchase order on it for a minimum sum because you're in the way of 'World Domination Enterprises'
        USA will buy the EU?? Can they afford the 3 farthings and a Bribe for JC Junket?

Comment

Nice banks you deal with.

Mine just require decent notice and they give me back any equity, if as it appears the EU is worth less than I borrowed then I might owe them. Now is the EU essentially worthless as we all suspect???
          My bank said that broken legs heal fast, unlike kneecapping they do at their competitors...

That's why I stick by my EU Bank of Opportunity

Comment

Under what basis are we forced to pay - the various treaties we have entered into

But then Article 50 says

3. The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in paragraph 2, unless the European Council, in agreement with the Member State concerned, unanimously decides to extend this period.
            Everything that says we have to pay - gets nullified once article 50 runs it's course.

And there is nothing in Article 50 to say we have to pay the remaining subs up front while Article 50 runs it's course.

If this is a divorce, then clause 3 is a pre-nup - which means we are not forced to pay diddly squat after we leave the house. Not a single Euro.

EU27 can "ask" whatever sum they feel like. But there is no legal mechanism to force us to pay. They think the UK is bluffing about a hard brexit - and using that as leverage to make us pay up.

Comment

yes but the UK is on the Board of directors & is a major shareholder.
              We are also a significant customer larger than many of the others, 20% of the EU.s turnover.
              UK is a minority shareholder, seat on board does not mean jack.

Look very carefully at budget contributions by country:

Source: BBC NEWS | World | Europe | Paying for the EU budget

See where UK is? It's between Italy and Spain.

Comment

When they present a properly audited set of accounts
                Ah the old chestnut - the reason the EU accounts won't pass the test is that they are unable to audit the countries that spend the actual money.

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-audi...ign-eu-budget/

Comment

so between the 3rd & 5th contributor. That makes us fourth out of 27 hardly minority.

Do you want to send me the equivalent shareholding in your company?

Comment

That graph is from 2007.
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

2014:

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X