Brexit: “unimaginably large” City Bloodbath
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 129
  1. #21

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy is always on top

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    27,021
    Thanks (Given)
    3641
    Thanks (Received)
    5403
    Likes (Given)
    4228
    Likes (Received)
    6617
    “Silence is Golden. Unless you have kids. Then silence is just plain suspicious"

  2. #22
    AtW
    AtW is offline

    Banned

    AtW is a fount of knowledge

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,975
    Thanks (Given)
    1260
    Thanks (Received)
    661
    Likes (Given)
    6843
    Likes (Received)
    2350

    Default

    How can Brexit risks be lower, if it has not started yet???

  3. #23

    Godlike

    LondonManc - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Non-Event Horizon
    Posts
    8,941
    Thanks (Given)
    361
    Thanks (Received)
    634
    Likes (Given)
    2314
    Likes (Received)
    2733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    How can Brexit risks be lower, if it has not started yet???
    Oh dear, what a shame. Does that not suit your agenda? Hang on, I'll find some chocolate and play doh for you.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  4. #24
    AtW
    AtW is offline

    Banned

    AtW is a fount of knowledge

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,975
    Thanks (Given)
    1260
    Thanks (Received)
    661
    Likes (Given)
    6843
    Likes (Received)
    2350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    Oh dear, what a shame. Does that not suit your agenda? Hang on, I'll find some chocolate and play doh for you.
    Brexit is making chocolate more expensive | The Independent

  5. #25

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Flashman 's job has never been outsourced

    Flashman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,433
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    96
    Likes (Given)
    41
    Likes (Received)
    396

    Default

    "I was all in favour of Brexit until this Russian guy on CUK started posting Remain stories".

    Said no one ever.

  6. #26

    Godlike

    jamesbrown - scorchio!

    jamesbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,371
    Thanks (Given)
    75
    Thanks (Received)
    394
    Likes (Given)
    581
    Likes (Received)
    1708

    Default

    Looks like CityUK is aiming for equivalence now, instead of passporting. Starting to smell the coffee.

    https://www.ft.com/content/7ec41a92-...d%2F%2Fproduct

  7. #27

    Double Godlike!

    BlasterBates - scorchio!

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Trump University
    Posts
    11,431
    Thanks (Given)
    99
    Thanks (Received)
    260
    Likes (Given)
    496
    Likes (Received)
    862

    Default

    It's fairly clear now the banks are going to move huge chunks of their business, they just want more time so they can do it in an orderly fashion using equivalence in a transitionary arrangement.

    Author of the best seller "How to get Poor quickly"

  8. #28

    Godlike

    PurpleGorilla - scorchio!

    PurpleGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,385
    Thanks (Given)
    600
    Thanks (Received)
    281
    Likes (Given)
    2595
    Likes (Received)
    1191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    It's fairly clear now the banks are going to move huge chunks of their business, they just want more time so they can do it in an orderly fashion using equivalence in a transitionary arrangement.

    Boo Hoo.

  9. #29

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    34,000
    Thanks (Given)
    21
    Thanks (Received)
    321
    Likes (Given)
    135
    Likes (Received)
    906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Boo Hoo.
    You think the banks moving away doesn't affect you?

    Or to put it in a way that even you might understand, do you think the country losing its largest industry and hence tax revenues is not going to impact the NHS, schools, armed forces, benefits for the poor and all other public sector spending?
    Not to mention the trickle down effect of lack of demand for other industries, including engineering, products?
    Last edited by sasguru; 12th January 2017 at 09:31.
    "The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."

    Winston Churchill

  10. #30

    Godlike

    PurpleGorilla - scorchio!

    PurpleGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,385
    Thanks (Given)
    600
    Thanks (Received)
    281
    Likes (Given)
    2595
    Likes (Received)
    1191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    You think the banks moving away doesn't affect you?

    Or to put it in a way that even you might understand, do you think the country losing its largest industry and hence tax revenues is not going to impact the NHS, schools, armed forces, benefits for the poor and all other public sector spending?
    Not to mention the trickle down effect of lack of demand for other industries, including engineering, products?
    They put a gun to our heads in 2008. They can fook off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.