• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit: “unimaginably large” City Bloodbath

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Why's that?

I don't have a big ass mortgage or flash PCP car to pay for?
    When an economy contracts there are more people fighting for fewer jobs.
    Everyone moves down the ladder. Cleverer people than you will do the job you once did.
    Your income will shrink even as prices rise (as they are already doing).

The really brainy people will move abroad following the multinationals, the UK will become a quiet backwater*

Your children will have fewer opporunities and wont be able to move to EUrope for work as many Northeners did in the hard times of the 80s. Remember Auf Wiedersehen Pet?

*There'll still be pockets of excellence but only for the well educated.
    Last edited by sasguru; 13 January 2017, 17:24.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Why's that?

I don't have a big ass mortgage or flash PCP car to pay for?
      That's why you don't have a big detached family home, with large garden, close to well paying work, in a nice area with good schooling.

If you want those things, you need the big **** off mortgage. I work with people with nearly a £1mln in mortgage debt and they don't even blink, par for the course now.

You want the big house, get rich quick, or borrow the money now and pay it off over 40+ years.

Or vote Corbyn and everyone gets a big detached house AND a free unicorn in the colour of their choosing.
      Last edited by DimPrawn; 13 January 2017, 17:22.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        If you want those things, you need the big **** off mortgage. I work with people with nearly a £1mln in mortgage debt and they don't even blink, par for the course now.
        Look, it's like this - if you owe bank £1000 then it's your problem, but if you owe bank £1 mln then it's banks' problem.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Look, it's like this - if you owe bank £1000 then it's your problem, but if you owe bank £1 mln then it's banks' problem.

HTH
          I don't think the banks start to worry until you owe the bank a few £ billion these days...

Comment

I don't like to be bitter, I apologise I didn't mean to be quite so sour.

But I get incandescent over housing, especially when I'm told it's nothing to do with circumstances and all down to my failure.

I've actually given up on getting a bigger house, and putting the funds into my kids future. Hopefully they will get a head start.
            Sometimes............you come across more sour than Mandelsons pussy.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              The one who is going to get screwed is you and mailman's children.
              Where is suity?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Remember Auf Wiedersehen Pet?
                  Only for the heroin overdoses...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/business...ty-post-brexit

Comment

Working...
                    X