• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Send them to live next door to remainers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sasguru
    replied
    It's the filth I would object to.
    I'm sure there are native British areas with far greater crime and anti-social behaviour.
    Having said which it seems de rigeur nowadays for people of all backgrounds and ethnicities to chuck rubbish out of their cars.
    I live in a posh area but commuters through the area regular shove crap out of their cars.
    And its a Labour LA council so they're curently "punishing" the posh area by only cleaning the streets every 6 weeks, while the chav areas are cleaned twice a week in some cases.

I wonder if the council in Page Hall is Labour and whether they're not cracking down on fly-tipping and anti-social behaviour for the same reason Labour councils are crap everywhere: inefficiency and wanting to make the Tories look bad by highlighting "cuts" in LA budgets.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    FTFY

or fewer people report crime because they are afraid of having their legs broken or that the Police won't put down their doughnuts?

Friend of mine used to live in a rough area and was broken into every week so they could nick his telly (about all he had) to pay for a fix. How many times do you think he reported it with nutty druggies around and a wife + 2 little kids?
    You mean in Page Hall or are you just speculating ?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...hall-sheffield

Gulnaz Hussain of Page Hall's Pakistani Community Advice Centre said: "When they are told to move on, they always leave – there's no real resistance." She adds that many Roma are reliable workers and have landed decent jobs including as delivery drivers, translators, teaching assistants or mechanics.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 13 December 2016, 11:33.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I wouldn't mind them being my neighbours because there is far less crime.

*Desperate attempt to blame everything on UKIP with no real facts.

FTFY

or fewer people report crime because they are afraid of having their legs broken or that the Police won't put down their doughnuts?

Friend of mine used to live in a rough area and was broken into every week so they could nick his telly (about all he had) to pay for a fix. How many times do you think he reported it with nutty druggies around and a wife + 2 little kids?

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Unfortunately this is not hyperbole, my step daughter works as a children's social worker in that area. The depravity and thieving is on a colossus scale. 70 - 80% of her case load is Slovaks.

On another note, my wife works in social services and they've being trying new initiatives to help with freeing up beds in the local hospitals. One of the biggest delays is foreign nationals with no visas and no entitlement to social care. They take up most of the social workers time in trying to get them out, less time then to see to more straightforward cases.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    I wouldn't mind them being my neighbours because there is far less crime.

REVEALED: The crime figures for YOUR area of Sheffield - The Star

Page Hall: 11 crimes. 0% increase YoY
    Interestingly Parsons Cross seems bad, a lot of UKIP support there.

Parson Cross: 4069 crimes. 7.6% increase YoY
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...hall-sheffield

In Page Hall itself, not a single person, even among community leaders, can recall the arrest of a Roma person.
    It looks like the presence of the Roma community have reduced crime because the local UKIP'ers have moved off to Parsons Cross.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    This stuff makes my blood boil, but you have to ask why they didn't go to Switzerland or Germany or France.
    And the reason is, while they have the right to go there, there are bureacratic hoops they have to jump through, its not as easy.
    So why has Britain amade it easy for the non-motivated unemployed to just come across?
    That's the real question and a lot of grief would have been saved with some common sense rules in place right from the start of the accession countries joining in the early noughties.
    because B'liar wanted the country overrun with new labour voters. That's why they opened the borders to them early.Fortunately for us he p1ssed off most of Labours core vote to the point they can't even get elected in Scotland.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/233612...ed-since-2012/

Let us start kicking these people out or send them to live next door to remainers
    This stuff makes my blood boil, but you have to ask why they didn't go to Switzerland or Germany or France.
    And the reason is, while they have the right to go there, there are bureacratic hoops they have to jump through, its not as easy.
    So why has Britain amade it easy for the non-motivated unemployed to just come across?
    That's the real question and a lot of grief would have been saved with some common sense rules in place right from the start of the accession countries joining in the early noughties.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I
    think I need to get a life
    I will be releasing my lifestyle guide "Staring at the Wall" on Amazon very soon. Only £15.50.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Won't say KUATB as can't be a*sed to check but didn't we do this one?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    One thing is for sure, Dodgy can never afford to be my neigbour.
    On that note I would like to say goodbye as I think I need to get a life

Leave a comment:

Working...
X