• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Send them to live next door to remainers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Or RT.

Yes we do. We agreed to it, under EU law. It's called "freedom of movement". There's nothing to stop you moving to Romania, Slovenia, or even Switzerland.

Ever wondered why the feckless of the UK don't migrate to other EU countries?
    Well, post brexit, at least the Europeans will be kept out (assuming that freedom of movement is not part of the brexit agreement). Just have to deal with all the commonwealth nationals.
    In one American town they threw out a load of illegal Mexicans, within 5 years they were replaced by, admittedly legal, Somalians.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    ...but not as naive as reading the Daily Mail or Daily Express
    Or RT.

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Why on Earth should we have to fund such things? We do not have a duty to foreign nationals.
    Yes we do. We agreed to it, under EU law. It's called "freedom of movement".
    We don't expect other countries to take our low performers.
    There's nothing to stop you moving to Romania, Slovenia, or even Switzerland.

Ever wondered why the feckless of the UK don't migrate to other EU countries?
    No migrant who is not a significant asset should be here.
    Well, post brexit, at least the Europeans will be kept out (assuming that freedom of movement is not part of the brexit agreement). Just have to deal with all the commonwealth nationals.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Yes and they don't seem to be particularly welcoming.
    They don't like officials because they take away their children who they either send out begging or marry off under age.

Oh and Eastern Europeans get p*ssed if you don't say exactly who this group are - they are Roma.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Why on Earth should we have to fund such things? We do not have a duty to foreign nationals. We don't expect other countries to take our low performers. No migrant who is not a significant asset should be here.
    Totally agree, though I'm sure someone is now going to call you a racist cretin that kills babies.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Integration efforts in Page Hall 'should be example for rest of UK' | Hallam FM - Your Music Your Life

Last edited by BlasterBates; 13 December 2016, 12:34.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Whether high crime is a reality or not, that Guardian article does say they have significant problem with health, education and joblessness. So probably not an asset in general TBH. Plus blaming the axing of the government's axing of the migration impacts fund.

Why on Earth should we have to fund such things? We do not have a duty to foreign nationals. We don't expect other countries to take our low performers. No migrant who is not a significant asset should be here.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    I hate the ******* Sun.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

....and didn't you read the comments from the communitly leaders who live there, don't those comments carry any weight?
    One headteacher reported 8.9 per cent of Roma children reading and 3.5 per cent writing at Key Stage 1, compared to 80.1 per cent and 70.3 per cent among the general population.

Even as far back as 2013, David Blunkett, former Home Secretary and then local MP, warned of riots because of rising tensions.

Mark Payne, an expert in the Roma community who works at the University of Sheffield’s Department of Educational Studies, agrees the sudden influx caused problems.

Last year alone there were 145 robberies on the estate
    He said: “No one was really prepared. The number coming over to Sheffield from Slovakia really mushroomed in 2011/2012.

“The Roma people are suspicious of officialdom and that has been a big barrier to overcome.”

Suhail Ahmed, from Immigration Services — a body that helps Asian immigrants with their visas — said:

“We have different nationalities here and it causes a divide.

Suhail Ahamed, principle advisor of Immigration Services SWNS:SOUTH WEST NEWS SERVICE
    Suhail Ahamed, of Immigration Services, said the divide is caused by different nationalities
    But the ghetto situation is getting better because of stricter requirements for benefits.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    you inferred something from some figures, I made a different inference.

so we both made it up.

Point I was making was that you have no idea how bad it can get in these sort of areas unless you have lived there. The worst area I ever lived in had occasional car dumping, a little mild drug dealing and a resident burglar hardly a sink estate.

From the pictures it looks a lot like my mates area looked. The deal there was people were either frightened of the gangs or the police (because they were illegals) so they didn't report crime, it was a privilege to actually be dismissive of the Police. So you thinking it is a low crime area from the figures is very naive.

....and didn't you read the comments from the communitly leaders who live there, don't those comments carry any weight?
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 13 December 2016, 11:52.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    You mean in Page Hall or are you just speculating ?
    you inferred something from some figures, I made a different inference.

so we both made it up.

Point I was making was that you have no idea how bad it can get in these sort of areas unless you have lived there. The worst area I ever lived in had occasional car dumping, a little mild drug dealing and a resident burglar hardly a sink estate.

From the pictures it looks a lot like my mates area looked. The deal there was people were either frightened of the gangs or the police (because they were illegals) so they didn't report crime, it was a privilege to actually be dismissive of the Police. So you thinking it is a low crime area from the figures is very naive.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X