• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It doesn't just rain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mrs. mdhd works in an special needs school (well, Autistic only). And children have come from main stream where they were sidelined and left in a corner or getting bullied. Now in this new school, they are excelling. Very strict anti-bullying policy. And they work through "Applied Behavior Analysis", but early intervention is key. Otherwise they will have learned behaviors and think this is acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Obviously, his Dads being on the same continent is bound to be quite disconcerting.

#Just Sayin' Like
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by mdhd View Post
        Mrs. mdhd works in an special needs school (well, Autistic only). And children have come from main stream where they were sidelined and left in a corner or getting bullied. Now in this new school, they are excelling. Very strict anti-bullying policy. And they work through "Applied Behavior Analysis", but early intervention is key. Otherwise they will have learned behaviors and think this is acceptable.
        The issue will be that the behaviour patterns are going to be learnt prior to intervention being in place. Does the school have a multiple form intake? It may be that the teacher is triggering the issue by being overly strict (to the point of bullying) and another (any other) teacher may be better.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          The issue will be that the behaviour patterns are going to be learnt prior to intervention being in place. Does the school have a multiple form intake? It may be that the teacher is triggering the issue by being overly strict (to the point of bullying) and another (any other) teacher may be better.
          His teacher is strict, and in the past he's had problems with teachers like that, versus the nice cuddly ones. I do think that some of the major meltdowns recently have been due to his teacher (who is at a loss at the trigger), but he's told me at least three different situations where he said he wasn't happy & the teacher triggered each one.

ie. Yesterday, you stay in at break because you ran away last week (result meltdown, trashed class)
          Last week - ran away (wanted some blutack for his hands which he had used the day before to calm down, the boy next to him who is diagnosed autistic had some, she said no, result meltdown - ran away)

When I came in, I just said to her 'Give him the bloody blu tack'. SENCO where in yesterday and actually said, he needs to have something in his pocket to fiddle with when he gets anxious. They're trying a new card system today which puts him in control. He can put a card on his table which says 'Break' and that allows him to leave unchallenged and go to a safe area.

So far 10.39, not been called in yet.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            His teacher is strict, and in the past he's had problems with teachers like that, versus the nice cuddly ones. I do think that some of the major meltdowns recently have been due to his teacher (who is at a loss at the trigger), but he's told me at least three different situations where he said he wasn't happy & the teacher triggered each one.

ie. Yesterday, you stay in at break because you ran away last week (result meltdown, trashed class)
            Last week - ran away (wanted some blutack for his hands which he had used the day before to calm down, the boy next to him who is diagnosed autistic had some, she said no, result meltdown - ran away)

When I came in, I just said to her 'Give him the bloody blu tack'. SENCO where in yesterday and actually said, he needs to have something in his pocket to fiddle with when he gets anxious. They're trying a new card system today which puts him in control. He can put a card on his table which says 'Break' and that allows him to leave unchallenged and go to a safe area.

Surely his father can give him a few leads in that direction

In all seriousness, hope this is the start of things improving for you, must be a total nightmare.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

If you are the trigger its often impossible to know what the issue is. I think we both know where the issue is (his teacher) the question is how you sort it without causing problems.

Personally I would be complaining about inconsistent pupil management within the class and see where that gets you. Then wait for the response and ask for the complaint escalation process.

Finally be prepared to move to another school. It may not be what you want but it may be the only solution....
              Last edited by eek; 30 November 2016, 11:22.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

So what exactly makes him anxious? Has anyone bothered to actually ask him (by which I don't mean you, I'm sure you have tried everything by now).
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Surely his father can give him a few leads in that direction

In all seriousness, hope this is the start of things improving for you, must be a total nightmare.
                  First silver lining maybe?

The company I let down yesterday saying there was no point as I cannot get to their site just came back to the agent to ask if I would like to have an interview for another role which could be done from home. Said they were impressed and really wanted to find a way to get me onboard for a project even though I can't drive right now. Seems interesting

11.22. No phone call yet from School
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

First silver lining maybe?

The company I let down yesterday saying there was no point as I cannot get to their site just came back to the agent to ask if I would like to have an interview for another role which could be done from home. Said they were impressed and really wanted to find a way to get me onboard for a project even though I can't drive right now. Seems interesting

11.22. No phone call yet from School
                    Get in!

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      If you are the trigger its often impossible to know what the issue is. I think we both know where the issue is (his teacher) the question is how you sort it without causing problems.

Personally I would be complaining about inconsistent pupil management within the class and see where that gets you. Then wait for the response and ask for the complaint escalation process.

Finally be prepared to move to another school. It may not be what you want but it may be the only solution....
                      Moving to another school, where he will know precisely nobody, isn't the solution. The school might want to get rid of a problem statistic, but it won't be of any help to the "problem" himself.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X