• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why there is always one

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
    Every client that I have been at, there is always exactly one permie who gets himself into a game with you, always trying to score points and make himself look better than you.

I was pondering why it's always one and not two, or more. Always one little blot on the landscape that gets on my nerves.

And then it dawned on me, it's always the one who was at the top spot before I joined, he wants his spot back. Could it be?
    You're a code monkey from down under. Where do these delusions of grandeur come from?

Leave a comment:

• missinggreenfields
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Not Suity, this guy had only ever had one contract.

He was even more put out, when the Director caught wind of it and said...."Yeh, but you were never a proper contractor like Mark is."

He hated me even more after that

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    You've worked with Suity?
    Not Suity, this guy had only ever had one contract.

He was even more put out, when the Director caught wind of it and said...."Yeh, but you were never a proper contractor like Mark is."

He hated me even more after that

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Not always, I have faced the wrath of previously failed contractors, also.
    You've worked with Suity?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
    Every client that I have been at, there is always exactly one permie who gets himself into a game with you, always trying to score points and make himself look better than you.

I was pondering why it's always one and not two, or more. Always one little blot on the landscape that gets on my nerves.

And then it dawned on me, it's always the one who was at the top spot before I joined, he wants his spot back. Could it be?
    Not always, I have faced the wrath of previously failed contractors, also.

Leave a comment:

• Fronttoback
    started a topic Why there is always one

Why there is always one

Working...
X