• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IndyRef2 : This time it's war!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    and Britain's problems mount
    Whether or not that's true (it isn't), it's an interesting reflection on your character that you're hoping for the worst.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    You are Jean Claude Juncker and I claim my post Breixt £50 jar of Marmite.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck View Post
    Fine, if Scotland wants to leave, then let them go. I just don't see what they expect their future to look like, other than bleak and impoverished.
    You clearly don't understand anything. What they look forward to is a bright and prosperous future, freed from the shackles of the oppressive English.

And will be supported in their old age by the income from the massive oil-backed sovereign wealth fund that will be established on day 1.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck
    replied
    I still don't get what the "Out" Scots want. To leave the Uk, only to replace the largely benign Uk government with the EU? To lose the funding from the Uk, alongside a long-term collapse in oil price? To lose tens of thousands of Uk public sector jobs while only having three people and dog working in the private sector?

The SNP want to scrap Trident, along presumably with the thousands of supporting jobs on the Clyde.

Fine, if Scotland wants to leave, then let them go. I just don't see what they expect their future to look like, other than bleak and impoverished.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    This is a stage managed, party conference, news event. They're a very long way from pulling the trigger. Once they do, the SNP understands that their time is limited. Lose and they're finished. Win, and they're degraded over time by the loss of their main rallying cry to Scottish voters.
    I hope she/the SNP get the most almighty hammering. With both the Indy Ref and Brexit vote I was prepared to accept the outcome should it have not gone the way I hoped. Does an already damaged Scotland have the stomach for this?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    If you breakdown the 55% that voted no you'll find the majority of them were not Scot's. In fact they were mostly EU nationals, and folks from England. What's the housing situation like in Scotland? I get a feeling 16 million people might want to move up there if they gain independence. I imagine a great many number of concerned EU nationals will likely vote for independence this time round.

Very interesting times ahead.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    This is a stage managed, party conference, news event. They're a very long way from pulling the trigger. Once they do, the SNP understands that their time is limited. Lose and they're finished. Win, and they're degraded over time by the loss of their main rallying cry to Scottish voters.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Like you being banned....
    Grow up...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    Obvious
    Like you being banned....