• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it to early for...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it to early for...

Asking for my executive job back.

I've just had to catch a train to get home from the West Country as the missus has gone to her parents and i didn't fancy it.

I mean, a train. With poor people.

It's hot, smelly and full of old dears, noisy kids and foreigners. No champagne to be seen anywhere. It's a bloody disgrace.

I need a shower. Brrrrr. Shiver.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Get some el cheapo Cava and MTFU!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I've just had to catch a train to get home from the West Country as the missus has gone to her parents and i didn't fancy it.

It's hot, smelly and full of old dears, noisy kids and foreigners. No champagne to be seen anywhere. It's a bloody disgrace.

You chump, MTFU.

I expect more Walter Mitty, "I've just landed the grand a day contract, you can only dream of, you plebs."

I'm truly sorry it has come to this

You're a feckin' discrace
      Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 30 August 2016, 18:37.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Standard Class? You poor peasant....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

And not a thought for your fellow passengers having to spend a couple of hours in the company of some malodorous pervert.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            And not a thought for your fellow passengers having to spend a couple of hours in the company of some malodorous pervert.
            Oh, were you on the train as well. You should have said hello.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              You're a feckin' disgrace
              FTFY.

His redundancy money must be running out.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                FTFY.

It often happens when people get may redundant. They have a little splurge of spending but spend far more than they thought they did....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  FTFY.

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  It often happens when people get may redundant. They have a little splurge of spending but spend far more than they thought they did....
                  Weirdly, when I got home last night, I had an extra wage slip from work, even though I left 5 weeks ago. In it, was my quarter bonus. So even though I worked, Apr-May-June, I left at the end of the July, and the bonus is only paid at the end of August. So I technically worked the quarter, but as I left early before the bonuses were set, my boss (or more likely the big boss who rang me up on my last day to say thanks) decided to pay it to me anyway & another month in the pension.

So I just got an extra 8k. Which was nice. Time to pop open a bottle of bubbly.

Comment

Weirdly, when I got home last night, I had an extra wage slip from work, even though I left 5 weeks ago. In it, was my quarter bonus. So even though I worked, Apr-May-June, I left at the end of the July, and the bonus is only paid at the end of August. So I technically worked the quarter, but as I left early before the bonuses were set, my boss (or more likely the big boss who rang me up on my last day to say thanks) decided to pay it to me anyway & another month in the pension.

So I just got an extra 8k. Which was nice. Time to pop open a bottle of bubbly.
                    That's much better, the made up life of our favourite fantasist is well back on track.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X