• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour in meltdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I was in UKIP, Greens or the Lib Dems I would be going round Labour areas from today and making sure everyone knew my name.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      It's a classic power vacuum. If someone credible stepped forward and said "I'm up for the job, get this guy out and I'll win the next election" then Corbyn would be gone, problem is that there is nobody.
      I think that Chakka Kahn bloke is good, and would win over the centre and middle class remain voters . Hilary Benn doesn't seem bad either.

LibDems have promised to campaign on overturning the referendum result, so that has appeal too for many. If the GE is Boris v Corby maybe we'll end up with LibDems. Or UKIP. Either way a hung parliament must be quite likely.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Chuka might have something in the closet. He dropped out of the last leadership election unexpectedly. Probably the most electable member of the crowd.

Comment

Chuka might have something in the closet. He dropped out of the last leadership election unexpectedly.
          Yesterday was London Pride day - it was a day to come clean linky

Comment

Chuka might have something in the closet. He dropped out of the last leadership election unexpectedly. Probably the most electable member of the crowd.
            My brother-in-law, who is a hack for a major UK tabloid, told me they had something on him ...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Yesterday was London Pride day - it was a day to come clean linky
              so am i

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                My brother-in-law, who is a hack for a major UK tabloid, told me they had something on him ...
                Everyone worked that out.

I thought he would come out bi like Ms Greening now has.

Comment

If you watch Chuka carefully, you'll find he isn't nearly as impressive a communicator or well-informed as he might initially appear. He does well with mediocre interviewers, but I've seen numerous carcrash interviews with Andrew Neil and others. He's more style than substance IMO. The baseline is low, but he's far less impressive than Hilary Benn, for example. Dan Jarvis has a perfect backstory, but very little exposure to frontline politics. The Labour Party is neither broad nor deep in terms of credible leadership candidates, as evidenced the last time around.

Comment

Who needs a shadow cabinet when you have an interesting question from Alison in Bristol.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      If you watch Chuka carefully, you'll find he isn't nearly as impressive a communicator or well-informed as he might initially appear. He does well with mediocre interviewers, but I've seen numerous carcrash interviews with Andrew Neil and others. He's more style than substance IMO. The baseline is low, but he's far less impressive than Hilary Benn, for example. Dan Jarvis has a perfect backstory, but very little exposure to frontline politics. The Labour Party is neither broad nor deep in terms of credible leadership candidates, as evidenced the last time around.
                      looks weak to me . He`s not quick at answering questions either and shutting down the interviewer.

maybe he should come to CUK for some training .

Comment

Working...
                      X