• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Farage helping or hindering Leave?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    The fishermen obviously thought different to Sir Bob.
    There is nothing stopping fishermen being idiots...

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
      Or perhaps the fishmen knew perfectly well what they were doing?

Comment

Yes, he does. I don't want a European superstate, but nor can I identity with many of the leavers. I was going to vote leave, but at the moment I'm so disillusioned that I think I will abstain. Nige does not reflect my values.

Comment

He was sticking two fingers up at Farage and shouting to him you are no friend of the fishermen. How anyone translates that to him sticking two fingers up to fishermen is beyond all sense.
          He was sticking two fingers up in the direction of the fishermens' boats. That would suggest to me he was sending a message to everyone on those boats - to Farage, because he disagrees with Farage - and to the Fishermen, because they support Farage and so he disagrees with them too.

If Bob shouted that Farage is no friend of the Fishermen - that would not seem to make much sense. Farage was on a Fisherman's boat. He has spoken out in defence of their industry before, and did so again on Wednesday. The fishermen certainly seem to think he is their friend.

As much as I like Bob, and most of the other millionaires who have spoken out in favour of Britain's EU membership, I think one of the motivations is that they have not been negatively impacted by it, and they find it hard to relate to those who have.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Yes, he does. I don't want a European superstate, but nor can I identity with many of the leavers. I was going to vote leave, but at the moment I'm so disillusioned that I think I will abstain. Nige does not reflect my values.
            I am sure you know that a vote for Leave isn't a vote for Farage anymore than a Remain vote is a vote for Cameron (or Corbyn for that matter). It's really not about characters.

Comment

Or perhaps the fishmen knew perfectly well what they were doing?
              You ever had a "friend" who kept telling your what you wanted to hear rather than what you needed to hear? for their own selfish purposes? We have all been a bit stupid at times... They aren't immune from being stupid. You are free to see the situation differently...

Comment

Farage should not be seen again, probably he should not have been seen at all as he will have no place in politics again if we vote to leave.

He is just pissing people off now and I suspect he will be told to stay away from the action from now on.

Comment

I am sure you know that a vote for Leave isn't a vote for Farage anymore than a Remain vote is a vote for Cameron (or Corbyn for that matter). It's really not about characters.
                  I do know that. It's not about individuals, but the leave campaign seems to focus on issues that aren't what I want to vote for. I dunno, will see how the next few days pan out. If we leave, I worry that xenophobic right wingers will take it as a mandate to pursue their agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Farage should not be seen again, probably he should not have been seen at all as he will have no place in politics again if we vote to leave.

He is just pissing people off now and I suspect he will be told to stay away from the action from now on.
                    Three-quarters agree with you but I thought he did well on the river. Perhaps a fun situation brings out his better side.

It would be nice if we could all resolve our differences by messing about on the river and squirting water at each other. What I would really like to have seen though, would be Farage pelting Bob with Beefeater gonks.

Comment

Quite so. It certainly hasn't hindered you.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X