• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
    Might be a new thing? I signed up with Paddy Power, registered my card, made my deposit (debit card), decided not to use them at the time so went to withdraw. They said they need a scan of Passport which I reluctantly did. Just been back on to try and get 7/1 exit and it said "We were unable to verify you're 18, please provide a scan of your bank statement (can block out transactions) and scan of debit card (can block out number)".

At which point I politely asked them to go f*** themselves.
    7-1 has gone. I just drove down the road to Paddy Power to place a BREXIT bet and the bloody thing had dropped to 6-1. Had 50 quid on, stuck a tenner in the machine won 50 quid. So, technically a Win, Draw situation.

Result.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    WTF has Nato go to do with it?

"NATO’s essential purpose is to safeguard the freedom and security of its members through political and military means.

POLITICAL - NATO promotes democratic values and encourages consultation and cooperation on defence and security issues to build trust and, in the long run, prevent conflict.

MILITARY - NATO is committed to the peaceful resolution of disputes. If diplomatic efforts fail, it has the military capacity needed to undertake crisis-management operations. These are carried out under Article 5 of the Washington Treaty - NATO’s founding treaty - or under a UN mandate, alone or in cooperation with other countries and international organisations."
    its Nato that attacked balkan states in 1990(ish). Not the EU.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I've decided not to vote. Both sides are full of tulip.

Standard Remain line seems to be patronising about people living outside of London not understanding the benefits of staying in the EU. We get it, you're voting remain to protect your over-inflated house prices.

Stand Leave line seems to be about immigration. The biggest problem is the wrong immigrants from anywhere, not just the EU. Voting out wouldn't necessarily change it anyway and it's our own government that can sort it out already but choose not to.

Immigrants have increased house prices and reduced wages but the Labour government of the late 90s made being a dole scrounger a career option. All politicians are chunts; either through what they do or what they fail to do.
    Thank **** for that, at least you admit you're not intelligent enough to form an opinion.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    WTF has Nato go to do with it?

"NATO’s essential purpose is to safeguard the freedom and security of its members through political and military means.

POLITICAL - NATO promotes democratic values and encourages consultation and cooperation on defence and security issues to build trust and, in the long run, prevent conflict.

MILITARY - NATO is committed to the peaceful resolution of disputes. If diplomatic efforts fail, it has the military capacity needed to undertake crisis-management operations. These are carried out under Article 5 of the Washington Treaty - NATO’s founding treaty - or under a UN mandate, alone or in cooperation with other countries and international organisations."

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    I've decided not to vote. Both sides are full of tulip.

Standard Remain line seems to be patronising about people living outside of London not understanding the benefits of staying in the EU. We get it, you're voting remain to protect your over-inflated house prices.

Stand Leave line seems to be about immigration. The biggest problem is the wrong immigrants from anywhere, not just the EU. Voting out wouldn't necessarily change it anyway and it's our own government that can sort it out already but choose not to.

Immigrants have increased house prices and reduced wages but the Labour government of the late 90s made being a dole scrounger a career option. All politicians are chunts; either through what they do or what they fail to do.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    So now you are picking on NATO ? how about leave NATO too and be completely exposed
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Millions of people didn't die in Europe between 1945 and the EU being formed.
    It was about that minor thing called nuclear deterrent.

Walk me through the Balkan conflict and how them being surrounded by EU nations stopped it happening.
    So now you are picking on NATO ? how about leave NATO too and be completely sovereign

Leave a comment:

• rl4engc
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I've done this with Paddy Power, Ladbrokes, Coral and William Hill in the past.
    Might be a new thing? I signed up with Paddy Power, registered my card, made my deposit (debit card), decided not to use them at the time so went to withdraw. They said they need a scan of Passport which I reluctantly did. Just been back on to try and get 7/1 exit and it said "We were unable to verify you're 18, please provide a scan of your bank statement (can block out transactions) and scan of debit card (can block out number)".

At which point I politely asked them to go f*** themselves.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    Its noting about money dumbass. Its about europe project. Millions of people died in wars prior eu. Now you are opening can of worms and even your own MP died. Gj to ignite moods
    Millions of people didn't die in Europe between 1945 and the EU being formed.
    It was about that minor thing called nuclear deterrent.

Walk me through the Balkan conflict and how them being surrounded by EU nations stopped it happening.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    What country would that be?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkis...sion_of_Cyprus

Leave a comment:

Working...
X