• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top Gear with Chris Evans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    I think Nigel Farage would be a great replacement.
    Or Boris.

All the reviews say it'd be better without Evans shouting.
    Last edited by VectraMan; 4 July 2016, 15:50.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Or Boris.

All the reviews say it'd be better with Evans shouting.
      I agree, it is the shouting that gets my goat.

Comment

I watched Extra Gear last night, which I hadn't bothered with since the first one. They had some silly bits, but the second half was mostly Rory Reid, Chris Harris, LeBlanc and Sabine just chatting about cars, just like Old New Top Gear's "The News" segment, and it was great. I don't understand when they've copied the old show almost entirely they left out what was often the most entertaining bit.

Now they just need to ditch Eddie Jordan, and it might be quite good.

Comment

Thank Christ for that, I might actually watch the next series (if there is one).

It's all about 'stepping down' these days isn't it? At last count it's the PM, England manager, Farage, Boris, 80% of the shadow cabinet and a shouty man in the space of a couple of weeks. I would suggest Corbyn to go next but he's doing such a fine job of destroying the Labour party, I'd rather he stayed in place.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Now they just need to ditch Eddie Jordan, and it might be quite good.
            Aye him and Evans spoiled/spoil the show. The others are fine. If they just had the courage to tweak it a little so it doesn't so obviously copy ideas from the old, as others have mentioned - it might evolve into something quite good.

Comment

Get rid of LeBlanc and the other sceptic and I might give it go... No yanks, it's a Brit car show FFS...
              Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                Get rid of LeBlanc and the other sceptic and I might give it go... No yanks, it's a Brit car show FFS...
                Who is the other septic?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Chris Evans is stepping down, not sure if its the poor audience numbers or the report of being investigated for sexual assault in the 1990's
                  Sexual assault or sexual assaulted

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                    Sexual Assault while working on the Big Breakfast - going to be very awkward for the manager of Radio 2 to explain one rule for him and another for Paul Gambaccini and others
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                      <sigh>
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X