• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed! Just in Time for the Weekend!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed! Just in Time for the Weekend!

Hmm, that title's from my browser's autofill from previous entries - now I'm trying to remember which gig that was

Anyway: BOOMED!

Six-monther taking me through to a week before Christmas, and the rate is better than my last gig. I'm going to try commuting but if I decide it's taking too much time each day, there's a hotel I've used on several previous gigs (and like staying in) within a pleasant drive of NewClientCo. Oh, and the work includes languages and frameworks that I enjoy working with and wanted to move towards more for future gigs, so this one should set me up nicely for that

I may have a beer or more to celebrate tonight

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Comment

Living the dream....

Comment

Ooh, the Christmas thing may not be true - I've just realised they've got the start date as 16 June rather than May, which would indeed take me to Christmas; but I'm supposed to start on Monday

An agent who probably thought he could go home just about now is currently trying to work out what's going on, as the version sent to the end client definitely says May

UPDATE: the contract people have already left, leaving one very confused agent. I'm going to operate on the basis that it's a simple mistake and we'll get it sorted out on Monday morning. Pretty sure the contract remains binding on both parties for the Monday start, given the other paperwork and email that all says that, so it's just a glitch, though it looks like I'll actually get five weeks off before Christmas - fine by me
          Last edited by NickFitz; 13 May 2016, 17:19.

Comment

Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Comment

for Sir
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Cheers folks

Just checked, and the nearest Greggs is a mile away. Not too far, I suppose

Comment

Any where up North?

EDIT: And oh, by the way:

Comment

Working...
                    X