• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New contract within IR35 by default?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    It's just not worth it and would just ultimately spread false information. The contract should also reflect the upper contract with the client so it is highly possible the contract will change per client. Agencies might change their ways sonourblist would also be out of date. It will also just suit the tickbox contractor that hasn't the nouse to deal with agents, bearing in mind this is our actual job.
    WHS

I've been on sites where virtually every contractor I talked to through the same agency had negotiated slightly different terms.

There were things in the upper contract that should have been incorporated, but it was up to the contractor to demand they were put in in full. Whether they were or not depended on whether the contractor got the contract reviewed and who reviewed the contract.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The contract has an 'audit' clause that seems to mean that my Ltd can be audited to make sure it is doing what they want it to tax wise.
      It's wrong on many levels, but bills have to be paid and it's local.
      What about the clients tax affairs? Are their directors on the dodgy dealings leaked list? Do they have a record of (IR35 friendly) non or late payments to contractors?
      I hate this feeling of persecution that pervades these days.
      I suppose an alternative is to just continue as if outside of IR35 and keep a stash in case the mafia come calling! I don't know how the NI etc would be taken from an inside IR35 contract, do I do it or does the client remove it at source?
      Last edited by easyrider; 24 April 2016, 17:22.

Comment

So you don't know so going to just plough on regardless?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          Not quite as dramatic as a blacklist or anything that may cause legal issues but at least a way of informing CUKers of agencies to watch out for, and therefore an advantage to those agencies providing a better service.
          Do you think any agency gives a monkey's chuff what you, me, or anyone else thinks? Legal issues? Something to do with where the sun doesn't shine springs to mind...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            So you don't know so going to just plough on regardless?
            I've not had the offer yet, still early days. I'll call IPSE! To the bat mobile Robin.

Comment

I think this is going to happen more and more. Crap legislation, scaremongering etc.

You get clients who get scared and get the wrong end of the stick. Then you've got agencies who, as always, are just plain stupid. This is what happens.

Until they start to see that contractors are knocking back stuff like this then it'll continue unfortunately. I'm betting a lot will still take things like this.

One thing though - and I know this has been done to death. If they're trying to add opted out as a contract term surely this is illegal? Pity we haven't really got someone who can smack their arses for doing things like this - that would help.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

So latest update.
                After a week People Source came back to me to say they have advised the client to change the contract terms and would like to bring me back.
                Unlucky for them I've just managed to get another contract.
                I'm guessing they are struggling for find any contractors willing to work within their contract terms

Comment

Originally posted by Echo1234 View Post
                  So latest update.
                  After a week People Source came back to me to say they have advised the client to change the contract terms and would like to bring me back.
                  I'm guessing they are struggling for find any contractors willing to work within their contract terms

And that's the way they'll learn.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo1234 View Post
                    So latest update.
                    Well done for telling them to do one, I for one will be avoiding any roles adertised by this outfit, waste of my time if at the end of the interview process they bang over a swiss cheese contract like that

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

And that's the way they'll learn.
                      Guessing it will take a while though...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X