• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Budget 2016 thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by convict View Post
    where can i get a legal definition of a PSC? I know what a LTD co is, but what is the overlap with a PSC?
    The term ‘personal service company’ is not defined in law. It is understood
    generally to mean a limited company, the sole or main shareholder of which
    is also its director, who, instead of working directly for clients, or taking up
    employment with other businesses, operates through his company. The
    company contracts with clients, either directly or through an agency, to
    supply the services of its director. This is the general understanding with
    which we approached our work.
    http://www.publications.parliament.u...al/160/160.pdf
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

17% CT!
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
        17% CT!
        in 2020 when we'll all be PSC'd to death @ eleventythousand percent

Comment

Clearly he's realised that as his policies are going to lead to widespread unemployment, whacking NI on redundancy payments will be a nice earner

Comment

Interesting statement on PSCs and the Public Sector. Didn't he say that the public sector would have a new duty to check that the correct levels of NI and PAYE were paid by those choosing to contract their work?

Didn't say you couldn't do it, only that you should pay the right PAYE&NI....well I'd imagine that everybody does

<grabbing at anything>

Comment

Originally posted by MarkT View Post
              Interesting statement on PSCs and the Public Sector. Didn't he say that the public sector would have a new duty to check that the correct levels of NI and PAYE were paid by those choosing to contract their work?

Didn't say you couldn't do it, only that you should pay the right PAYE&NI....well I'd imagine that everybody does

<grabbing at anything>
              As was said above, we need the detail in the red book when it gets published.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

<grabbing at anything>
                I don't really understand how that's going to work practically. The Public Sector bod would somehow have to have access to your accounts and check that you'd paid the full whack?

Doesn't make a great deal of sense. If you had 3 month contract in the PS then 9 months in the private sector ... how would that work?

Comment

<grabbing at anything>
                  I remember GB in 97 saying that he would stop people going permanent to contract for same company. The reality was quite different.....

Comment

<grabbing at anything>
                    In my experience of public sector work, I've contracted for a private company that is providing software and/or services to the public sector end client.

Wonder if this scenario will come under the umbrella of whatever it is that's being proposed?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                      I don't really understand how that's going to work practically. The Public Sector bod would somehow have to have access to your accounts and check that you'd paid the full whack?

Doesn't make a great deal of sense. If you had 3 month contract in the PS then 9 months in the private sector ... how would that work?
                      All PS contracts are inside IR35, simples

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      As was said above, we need the detail in the red book when it gets published.
                      Worrying for anyone who is planning to take a PS contract any time soon
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X