• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Keyed' scratch in the BMW this morning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    That response is most appropriate. No sympathy for keying someone's car.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorOnAMotorbike View Post
      That response is most appropriate. No sympathy for keying someone's car.
      Several drivers try to kill me on my cycle in every morning.

But you are right - keying the car is wrong. Dipping it in acid, then forcing the driver to live in Syria, is getting closer.

Comment

Being able to 'laugh' it off is one of the steps to mastering the scum who think they can influence you in such cowardly ways.

In my last permie job, first day at work with a new (to me) motor, I leave work to find a colleague stood next to my car pointing to a scratch all down the side and across the bonnet asking "was that there when you bought it?". "No".

Now I thought he was a mate but I'm 90% sure I'd caught him in the act. It was so tempting to go all MF and deck him but instead I just laughed and said something like "scum's just jealous". Got in and drove off as if not phased at all.

I didn't bother getting it resprayed and took the hit when trading it in. Though it's cheaper for trade to get it fixed so didn't cost as much as if I'd had the work done, and it never got scratched a second time.

Unless you're sure who did it it's not worth the stress of worrying about it.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          Being able to 'laugh' it off is one of the steps to mastering the scum who think they can influence you in such cowardly ways.

In my last permie job, first day at work with a new (to me) motor, I leave work to find a colleague stood next to my car pointing to a scratch all down the side and across the bonnet asking "was that there when you bought it?". "No".

Now I thought he was a mate but I'm 90% sure I'd caught him in the act. It was so tempting to go all MF and deck him but instead I just laughed and said something like "scum's just jealous". Got in and drove off as if not phased at all.

I didn't bother getting it resprayed and took the hit when trading it in. Though it's cheaper for trade to get it fixed so didn't cost as much as if I'd had the work done, and it never got scratched a second time.

Wow that sucks.

It's got dings, and chips, and other scratches (it's still nice) from general wear and tear so I will just soak it up.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Agreed, but when I had a car keyed (only time I ever had a new "posh" car) two days after delivery, for a while after everyone I passed was profiled in my head as the keyer and I plotted and schemed how I would wreak my revenge upon them and their immediate family. I felt it was an attack on my family's attempts to better ourselves.

It took weeks for me to move onto something else to focus my hate and disdain on.

Comment

Originally posted by OnceStonedRose View Post
              Agreed, but when I had a car keyed (only time I ever had a new "posh" car) two days after delivery, for a while after everyone I passed was profiled in my head as the keyer and I plotted and schemed how I would wreak my revenge upon them and their immediate family. I felt it was an attack on my family's attempts to better ourselves.

It took weeks for me to move onto something else to focus my hate and disdain on.

Fortunately mine was a used car. I can see how it happening to a brand new car would be very much harder to live with.

It's the same with anything brand new. I'm sure I'm not the only one that for a while treats anything new with kid gloves, whether it be a new phone or anything that could get scratched/damaged easily. Then a few days later the newness has worn off and you treat it just like any other possession. Strange really.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Then a few days later the newness has worn off and you treat it just like any other possession. Strange really.
                True.

Comment

Then a few days later the newness has worn off and you treat it just like any other possession. Strange really.
                  So much like a wife then.

Comment

In beemers it's normal .

I painted 2 doors last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                      In Bee mers it's normal .

I painted 2 doors last year.
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X