• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Generation Y - stuffed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Oh and what on Earth is a BOMAD when it's at home?
    Bank Of Mum And Dad - I had to look it up a few days' ago.

The only thing they are really stuffed over, it is a biggie, is owning a home. By all accounts they are still better off than most any time in history.

Leave a comment:

• Gumbo Robot
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    The problems of Generation Y are pretty much all down to globalisation and medical advances, not greedy older generations.

and it'll become worse still as 50% or more of meaningful jobs vanish in the next 20 to 30 years.

Bank of Mum and Dad? Just a guess...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    The problems of Generation Y are pretty much all down to globalisation and medical advances, not greedy older generations.

and it'll become worse still as 50% or more of meaningful jobs vanish in the next 20 to 30 years.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    There will be less consumption as there will be less to consume. The locusts have had it all. North Sea oil, yum yum. Gold reserves, yum yum. Privatisation of state assets, yum yum.
    Ain't life a beach.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    There will be less consumption as there will be less to consume. The locusts have had it all. North Sea oil, yum yum. Gold reserves, yum yum. Privatisation of state assets, yum yum.
    There's plenty to consume as the baby boomers enjoy their long retirements and spend their excess cash.

The money isn't gone, it's in their bank accounts. In any case we have a lot of immigrants coming over who are willing to spend their money.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Generation Y - stuffed

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    You're 38 FFS You're older than I am.

Stop whining like a spoilt brat and sort your tulip out.
    Quite amazingly I have the capacity to care about my younger family and friends who are deep in the valley of tulips. I am, by all accounts, doing alright. I have a modest house. But the younglings are forked.
    Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 7 March 2016, 12:26.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    You're 38 FFS You're older than I am.

Stop whining like a spoilt brat and sort your tulip out.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    This is excellent news as it means the coming generations will consume less and hence produce less pollution.

Eventually in a few generations we should be down to a carbon free existence.

In the meantime the baby boomers are providing plenty of BTL accomodation and playstations.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    It is likely to be the first time in industrialised history, save for periods of war or natural disaster, that the incomes of young adults have fallen so far when compared with the rest of society.
    This is excellent news as it means the coming generations will consume less and hence produce less pollution.

Eventually in a few generations we should be down to a carbon free existence.

In the meantime the baby boomers are providing plenty of BTL accomodation and playstations.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    The ultimate BOMAD

Leave a comment:

Working...
X