• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client bitching about hours- pisses me off!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Say what?
    Have you shut down early for the weekend?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Don't forget that every 4 years you can go for the "ah, extra day's pay this year"
    Erm.. Extra days invoicing you mean? Pay wise we are in the same boat as the permies surely

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Say what?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You were a permie once. Does that mean you were a bellend? What changed when you became a contractor?

This isn't the experience in my world. You get the odd person who's a bit of a challenge but they tend to be easily manageable so nothing more than a slight annoyance. Funny this always happens to you isn't it.

Or is this just another sweeping brainfart?
    Three types of worker hate
    1/ Some permies hate contractors
    2/ Some contractors hate disguised permies
    3/ Some contractors pity permies

OP has your classic type 1 scenario. I'll let you decide the rest.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Don't forget that every 4 years you can go for the "ah, extra day's pay this year"

Leave a comment:

• seanraaron
    replied
    Originally posted by mankyspanky View Post
    More recently I've been having comments if I leave at 4.30pm ("half day is it?") or if I come in at 9 instead of 8 ("late shift is it?). Peeing me off now it is.

Yes its said jokingly but know damn well manager is doing it in a bit of passive/aggressive bullying way.

Ignore?
    Just smile and nod and see if they have the guts to actually state what's on their mind; keep billing and doing your thing otherwise and delight in the knowledge you're pissing them off.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    A lot of permies especially client managers have an uncanny ability to act like bellends unfortunately.

Suck it up or leave basically. Probably most of us have had this sort of crap at some time or another. Best I ever had was client who said I needed to be "available" during lunch and not leave site. Yeah right pay me the extra then.....
    You were a permie once. Does that mean you were a bellend? What changed when you became a contractor?

This isn't the experience in my world. You get the odd person who's a bit of a challenge but they tend to be easily manageable so nothing more than a slight annoyance. Funny this always happens to you isn't it.

Or is this just another sweeping brainfart?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    A lot of permies especially client managers have an uncanny ability to act like bellends unfortunately.

Suck it up or leave basically. Probably most of us have had this sort of crap at some time or another. Best I ever had was client who said I needed to be "available" during lunch and not leave site. Yeah right pay me the extra then.....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    What other options have you got? Take your client who pays for your time to task over a pointless argument.. That's not going to end well for you. The only realistic option you've got is to walk so I gues its time to grow some and get on with it. You won't be there forever and if they were really unhappy with you then you'd be gone. You get this in permie land as well as contracting. It's not really got anything to do with the way we work, it's just office banter. Up to you if you can put up with it or not. Taking the permies on is not an option.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Always best to ignore and invoice.

You could try making jokes about your own timekeeping? Or jokes about theirs?

Some people hates contractors - generally they want to be like you and are jealous! You should be flattered!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X