• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why I'll be voting to stay in Europe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I'll be voting to stay in Europe

1. Brexit's only REAL effect will lead to lack of influence on Europe and a loss of standing and prestige for Britain in the world - as the US and China have made clear.
    2. Brexit will lead to the break up of Britain as Scotland will want to join Europe.
    3. The cost of Britain's net contribution to the EU is about 1% of total expenditure - i.e. negligible.
    4. Britain's economy is not very strong being unbalanced towards financial services and weak in manufacturing. This imbalance will grow if we left the Euro and lost links to large Euro projects e.g. Airbus. It also makes no sense for Japanese and other foreign car firms to stay in the UK.
    5. It doesn't seem as if EU immigration will stop. Both Switzerland and Norway have larger per capita EU immigration than Britain and they are outside the EU.
    6. We'll still have to follow Euro rules in exchange for trade rights as Switzerland and Norway have had to do.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

FTFY

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    4. Britain's economy is not very strong being unbalanced towards a ponzi scheme, based, housing market, money laundering and we are also weak in manufacturing. This imbalance will grow if we left the Euro and lost links to large Euro projects e.g.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

1. Brexit's only REAL effect will lead to lack of influence on Europe and a loss of standing and prestige for Britain in the world - as the US and China have made clear.
      2. Brexit will lead to the break up of Britain as Scotland will want to join Europe.
      3. The cost of Britain's net contribution to the EU is about 1% of total expenditure - i.e. negligible.
      4. Britain's economy is not very strong being unbalanced towards financial services and weak in manufacturing. This imbalance will grow if we left the Euro and lost links to large Euro projects e.g. Airbus. It also makes no sense for Japanese and other foreign car firms to stay in the UK.
      5. It doesn't seem as if EU immigration will stop. Both Switzerland and Norway have larger per capita EU immigration than Britain and they are outside the EU.
      6. We'll still have to follow Euro rules in exchange for trade rights as Switzerland and Norway have had to do.
      I think the best decision you ever made was to leave CUK
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Blimey, I like the new SAS, I agree with this 100%......

Comment

The EU will break up if the UK leaves.

It's the 2nd biggest economy in Europe.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Too late bro. UK shall stand alone :nazi: :nazi: :nazi: :nazi:

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              The EU will break up if the UK leaves.

It's the 2nd biggest economy in Europe.
              That is like saying all my lovers will stop doing me just because one pompous fat one left me.

Comment

Well, that settles that then.

I think referendum should be cancelled to save money.

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
                  That is like saying all my lovers will stop doing me just because one pompous fat one left me.
                  No.

The Eurozone is very fragile.

The EU is also fragile, with other nations interested to see how the UK votes.

If you were to give the EU a bill of health you would say very fragile, likely to suffer from external shocks.

So cutting off an arm, and septic shock will set in.
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
                    Pics, or it didn't happen, we cater for all tastes on here
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X