• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What am I going to miss most when the UK leaves the EU ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaveB
    replied
    You forgot Free Health Care in the EU.

EHIC

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
    Moaning English folk because Scotland quitting the UK is a certainty and we'll be full-on European project, euros and all - woo!
    Think it will be a full on street parties with bunting and flags (minus the saltire) across England when that happens

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Moaning English folk because Scotland quitting the UK is a certainty and we'll be full-on European project, euros and all - woo!

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Do Scots like being told what to do?

Leave a comment:

• seanraaron
    replied

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    The strength of the £. Taking a hammering on UK investments & income which I fixed to £.

That is it. I have residency on 2 counts, highly skilled & investments over €500k, both of which qualify me for an ES visa valid in Schengen.

Kids have UK & Swedish passports so no problem there.

Fluidity of labour works both ways, and if the UK education system had focused on languages in the same way that the Dutch & German systems do, fewer people would be complaining about the EU. Particularly skilled contractors.

Seriously, if you were fluent in 4 languages what would you choose an 8 hour commute to Winnersh each week to stay in a Travelodge, or a flight to Munich/FFM & a week in a nice apartment?

I see people banging on constantly about the business taxation, but what about all the tax at point of retail?

€0.23 for a litre of decent beer, €0.96 fuel, 10% VAT on food & restaurants. Lunch with starter, main course, unlimited wine, desert & coffee for €9.50 in the centre of Madrid - Thanks Franco for that law.

I love the UK, I own a very nice property there, but I like to visit, it's only 2.10hrs to the London City from here. I just couldn't live there any more, there are too many bloody foreigners.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    But who'll miss little England?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Scotland

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Employment

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Having never paid for sex ( except with my soul) and therefore not knowing the intricacies of these matters, is there a preference or desirability index for European hookers?
    Same here. I speak from the experiences of my friends

Leave a comment:

Working...
X