• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What am I going to miss most when the UK leaves the EU ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Are some cheaper than others ?
    Would you pay the same price for NLYUK and AndyW mum?

Are some better than others?
    Personal taste.

Is Sterling accepted or does it have to be in Euro?
    Even a card is accepted. If it is Mastercard, you swipe between the buttcheeks. If it is Visa, then .....

Comment

Having never paid for sex ( except with my soul) and therefore not knowing the intricacies of these matters, is there a preference or desirability index for European hookers?
      Same here. I speak from the experiences of my friends

Comment

Employment
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Scotland
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

But who'll miss little England?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The strength of the £. Taking a hammering on UK investments & income which I fixed to £.

That is it. I have residency on 2 counts, highly skilled & investments over €500k, both of which qualify me for an ES visa valid in Schengen.

Kids have UK & Swedish passports so no problem there.

Fluidity of labour works both ways, and if the UK education system had focused on languages in the same way that the Dutch & German systems do, fewer people would be complaining about the EU. Particularly skilled contractors.

Seriously, if you were fluent in 4 languages what would you choose an 8 hour commute to Winnersh each week to stay in a Travelodge, or a flight to Munich/FFM & a week in a nice apartment?

I see people banging on constantly about the business taxation, but what about all the tax at point of retail?

€0.23 for a litre of decent beer, €0.96 fuel, 10% VAT on food & restaurants. Lunch with starter, main course, unlimited wine, desert & coffee for €9.50 in the centre of Madrid - Thanks Franco for that law.

I love the UK, I own a very nice property there, but I like to visit, it's only 2.10hrs to the London City from here. I just couldn't live there any more, there are too many bloody foreigners.

Comment

Moaning English folk because Scotland quitting the UK is a certainty and we'll be full-on European project, euros and all - woo!

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
                  Moaning English folk because Scotland quitting the UK is a certainty and we'll be full-on European project, euros and all - woo!
                  Do Scots like being told what to do?

Comment

Comment

Think it will be a full on street parties with bunting and flags (minus the saltire) across England when that happens
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X