• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Many words used to mean "tax"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easing - as in Quantitative.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

words to mean 'tax'

It's the first thing I think of when a pimp sends through a job role with the phrase "this is a permanent position" contained in the spiel.

Comment

@d000gh there is a delay in me posting and seeing what others have posted.

The Americans plus a few other embassies have argued the congestion charge is a tax so they are not paying it as they don't pay taxes in the UK.

The lottery is a tax on stupid people. It's nothing to do with DM readers as lots of Statisticians reported this in the broadsheets when the National Lottery was introduced in the UK. Some kids I know in Secondary school were also told this then shown why by their Maths teachers.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          The lottery is a tax on stupid people. It's nothing to do with DM readers as lots of Statisticians reported this in the broadsheets when the National Lottery was introduced in the UK. Some kids I know in Secondary school were also told this then shown why by their Maths teachers.
          Not disagreeing with the "stupid", but to be a tax surely it has to a) go to the government, and b) be mandatory. Neither of which applies to the lottery.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I count playing the lottery as donating to charity

Comment

Temporary Refund Adjustment

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                I count playing the lottery as donating to charity
                Yes and hopefully tax deductible one day...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  When government demands money with menaces it's legal, therefore not theft, therefore theft is not carried out by the government.

Saying tax is theft is really really dumb. On a par with "meat is murder".
                  Defining words by whatever definition suits government is really really dumb. The definition of theft has nothing to do legality. Law is based on reality - not the other way around.

Comment

Marriage.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

'fair share'

Comment

Working...
                      X