• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I read somewhere..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    indeed as suggested it probably needs some external enabler e.g. magnet so its a conscious decision to switch it on.
    Not having any bunny boilers messing with my switch
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I was thinking, since sperms seek out eggs, one could make them go the wrong way with suitable chemistry. Seems it's already been thought of:

Sperm's egg-seeking secrets revealed › News in Science (ABC Science)
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        what happens if you mix up on/off ?

Might be good to add a flashing light.
        Flashing knobs? Have you been thinking about Mme Fanny again?

Comment

Would you like regular or the new improved recipe....?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            indeed as suggested it probably needs some external enabler e.g. magnet so its a conscious decision to switch it on.

I want mine with a dimmer switch.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
              Would you like regular or the new improved recipe....?

I have just realised what the picture looks like
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The Thick blue line

PCSOs stopped a stolen van only to let the thieves go because they couldn’t arrest them | Daily Mail Online

CCTV shows a tow truck pulling up outside Voy Prestige Motors before a man gets out and hitches the 63-plate Peugeot Partner van, which was on sale for £5,600, to another vehicle.

Two PCSOs then arrive at the scene in a car and have a three-minute conversation with the suspects.

They then drive off, leaving the van stranded in the middle of the road alongside the PCSOs.

The clip ends with the PCSOs directing traffic for around an hour around the van before a tow truck arrives to tow it to a compound on police orders.

Mr Ingoe added: 'Van thefts are a major problem across the country.

'It is unbelievable that they could have witnessed a crime being committed but after stopping them just let them get away.

'I worked as a police officer in Manchester for 14 years and the fact is that in that situation I would have arrested them on the spot.

'They had to keep hold of them. I'm disgusted police have taken this course of action.'

Mr Igoe, who has been in the motor trade for 17 years, added that he was particularly angry he was not contacted to pick up the van before it was impounded.

The businessman said the incident was like 'something out of the Keystone Cops'. Above, Cliff Richard, Melvyn Hayes and The Shadows are dressed as the Keystone Cops - fictional incompetent policemen that appeared in silent films in the 1920s - in the film Wonderful Life, 1964
                +4
                The businessman said the incident was like 'something out of the Keystone Cops'. Above, Cliff Richard, Melvyn Hayes and The Shadows are dressed as the Keystone Cops - fictional incompetent policemen that appeared in silent films in the 1920s - in the film Wonderful Life, 1964

He said: 'All of my vehicles have a sticker in the window with the car's details and the details of the business. It has my mobile on it.

'It would have been very easy to just give me a ring and would have solved a lot of problems.

'The police said they tried to ring but I don't have any missed calls. I don't believe them. The next day I've had to pay £150 to get the van back. It's been such a bizarre situation.'
                NICE!

Comment

The headline doesn't match the story (Daily Fail in made up headline shocker)

I blame Jeremy Corbyn/Hipsters/Climate Change believers/anyone who doesn't support the blackshirts.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

More utter total meaningless pointless ridiculous bollox from the Daily Fail.

Why post links to that utter tulipe nonsense rag?

Comment

lets find a paper that doesn't over tax you then

Like Keystone Cops Fuming van owner charged 150 for return of vehicle after PCSOs free pair trying to steal it

Comment

Working...
                      X