• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone been to Heston's Dinner?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been to Heston's Dinner?

The menu seems to have changed since it opened, from steak and chips to historically themed stuff, but you can actually get a booking these days.

Anyone been? I'm not really au fait with michelin starred restaurants - in London we tend to go to the original 15 restaurant - so how does it compare with similar sorts of places? I am not a fan of snobby places who make you feel like you shouldn't be there, clearly the staff will be very knowledgeable but are they also friendly and helpful?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Didn't know Charlton Heston had a restaurant, do you need to be armed to go there?
    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

No.

But I went to his Little Chef on the A303 and it was very good. Once he'd gone.

Comment

FWIW, I had a booking very early on.

We decided to cancel based on the reviews, i.e. the food was a bit run of the mill, compared to the Fat Duck concept.
        I have not read any reviews recently, however, so it may have improved.

I have often found Michelin starred places poor too.
        For example, IMO, this place should have a star, it beats the Cinnamon Club hands down for Indian food.

Reviews | Babur Restaurant
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
          No.

But I went to his Little Chef on the A303 and it was very good. Once he'd gone.
          I always wanted to go there, I thought they were going to roll it out nationwide but the one I visited last week was a spitting image of the ones we visited as a family 25 years ago.

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          FWIW, I had a booking very early on.

We decided to cancel based on the reviews, i.e. the food was a bit run of the mill, compared to the Fat Duck concept.
          I have not read any reviews recently, however, so it may have improved.

I have often found Michelin starred places poor too.
          For example, IMO, this place should have a star, it beats the Cinnamon Club hands down for Indian food.

Reviews | Babur Restaurant
          I'd love to visit the FD one day, but it seems Dinner has gone a bit more in that direction... lots of the historical recipes Heston had on one of his TV shows like meat fruit and so on. So certainly sounds a bit different, though I would have loved Steak & Chips by Heston.

Comment

Looking forward to stuffing your hypocritical and pious face with fine foods and wines then?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Looking forward to stuffing your hypocritical and pious face with fine foods and wines then?
              I thought we might as well take the opportunity to do something nice as we pass through London on the home from my mum's funeral.

I don't think the point of fine dining is to stuff oneself though, maybe you're thinking of the time you treated yourself to visit gourmet burger kitchen?

Not sure why visiting a nice restaurant is hypocritical either.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Anyone been?
                No, but I think I once bought a pork pie at Heston Services if that's any help.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  No, but I think I once bought a pork pie at Heston Services if that's any help.
                  No help whatsoever without a review

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    The menu seems to have changed since it opened, from steak and chips to historically themed stuff, but you can actually get a booking these days.

Anyone been? I'm not really au fait with michelin starred restaurants - in London we tend to go to the original 15 restaurant - so how does it compare with similar sorts of places? I am not a fan of snobby places who make you feel like you shouldn't be there, clearly the staff will be very knowledgeable but are they also friendly and helpful?
                    Great food. None of the experimental stuff.
                    Service was good - not too ponsy like some resturants but quite stuffy as you would expect.
                    The meatfruit was nice.

Comment

Working...
                    X