• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10 warning signs for investors 2016

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    If house prices keep doubling, wgas!
    Says the baby boomer.

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I put £5k into gold 3 months ago thinking we were at the bottom of the market .

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
        If you can affrord to leave it there, I think in about 2-3 years time you'll be having a very good laugh. I put about £1000 into gold 18 months ago. Not at all concerned. Just be patient.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
          Is this the first time you made a bad entry into a soft bottom?

Comment

5. The Treasury yield curve, which measures the spread between 2 and 10 year notes, is narrowing.
            https://www.newyorkfed.org/medialibr...s/Prob_Rec.pdf

Can't see it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by sirja View Post
              If you can affrord to leave it there, I think in about 2-3 years time you'll be having a very good laugh. I put about £1000 into gold 18 months ago. Not at all concerned. Just be patient.
              WHS, assuming the Government doesn't confiscate it all by then.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                WHS, assuming the Government doesn't confiscate it all by then.
                Good point!!

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  This isn't the USA.

There was a lorry driver on R4 talking about the immigrants getting more aggressive trying to get a ride across the pond. He now carried a self defence weapon... A cricket bat! Love it.
                  I heard that too. I thought to myself 'I bet he's armed with a lot more than a fecking bat and he's not going to fess up about it on the BBC either'. Tazer would be my guess.

Comment

Dogs of footies didn't do to well this year Dogs of The Footsie 2015 portfolio | Money Observer I had Direct Line but sold way, way to early god damn it, after 3 years investing in shares (and not small amounts) I'm out thank of it and lucky to come out flat. As a small private investor its all down to luck imo, the market makers can still move the markets they way they want at the cost of the smaller investors.
                    I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
                      Dogs of footies didn't do to well this year Dogs of The Footsie 2015 portfolio | Money Observer I had Direct Line but sold way, way to early god damn it, after 3 years investing in shares (and not small amounts) I'm out thank of it and lucky to come out flat. As a small private investor its all down to luck imo, the market makers can still move the markets they way they want at the cost of the smaller investors.
                      I can see why:

BHP Billiton (BLT) 69 £14.43 £510.19 -485.48 (-48.76%)
                      BP (BP.) 236 £4.245 £821.75 -180.07 (-17.97%)
                      Centrica (CNA) 340 £2.938 £691.90 -307.02 (-30.74%)
                      Direct Line Insurance (DLG) 320 £3.125 £1,298.56 +298.56 (+29.86%)
                      GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) 68 £14.67 £898.96 -98.60 (-9.88%)
                      HSBC Holdings (HSBA) 164 £6.096 £840.99 -158.75 (-15.88%)
                      Morrison (WM) Supermarkets (MRW) 556 £1.799 £788.41 -211.84 (-21.18%)
                      Royal Dutch Shell B (RDSB) 48 £21.045 £735.84 -274.32 (-27.16%)
                      SSE (SSE) 62 £16.09 £893.42 -104.16 (-10.44%)
                      Standard Chartered (STAN) 113 £8.877 £579.58 -423.52 (-42.22%)

Mining, Utilities and Energy heavy, these are seriously fooked market segments.

And Morrisons hammered by Aldi and Lidl.

Comment

Working...
                      X