• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Net Migration Hits New Record High of 336,000

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
    Do you ever visit the South East?
    If all the Scots, Northerners, Welsh etc. who moved to the more prosperous South East went "home" then there'd be plenty of houses, hospitals, schools etc. for many more immigrants.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      I actually miss the snow , skiing , or throwing snowballs on each other in -40 freeze.

Not to the point to go back because now I can go to switzerland if i want
      Or, if you want a special treat, Siberia
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Or, if you want a special treat, Siberia
        my granddad was captured by russians and sent there. he had this eyes disease where looking at snow for too long damages them and you have to use sunglasses all the time. Also lost few fingers

focking russians, i'll pass
        Last edited by diseasex; 26 November 2015, 15:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
          Do you ever visit the South East?
          Hence I said "overall".

We end up with zones of different mono-cultures. Not very vibrant either in a lot of cases.
          I don't know that we really do, as the norm anyway. We get pockets of this but we also get a lot of mixing. Look at pubs, work-places, churches, etc and you'll see people mixing it up.

Other nations manage to do the "melting pot" thing very well indeed so it's clearly possible. Maybe Brits aren't very welcoming.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Hence I said "overall".

I don't know that we really do, as the norm anyway. We get pockets of this but we also get a lot of mixing. Look at pubs, work-places, churches, etc and you'll see people mixing it up.

Other nations manage to do the "melting pot" thing very well indeed so it's clearly possible. Maybe Brits aren't very welcoming.
            Ever the would-be conciliator, parroting the officially approved line. Does it make you feel important?

You should get some BS PR job
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

So anyone that holds a different view to yours is toeing the party line?
              Anyone whose views happen to align with the "party line" is brainwashed?

I think you're the blinkered one if that's really what you think. I'm not even sure what the "party line" is I already said I prefer traditionalism. Saying that multiculturalism can work isn't the same as wanting it to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                So anyone that holds a different view to yours is toeing the party line?
                Anyone whose views happen to align with the "party line" is brainwashed?

I think you're the blinkered one if that's really what you think. I'm not even sure what the "party line" is I already said I prefer traditionalism. Saying that multiculturalism can work isn't the same as wanting it to happen.
                You don't half go on about caring about other people.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  You don't half go on about caring about other people.
                  Not really. I'm pretty uncaring, I think. It's only in comparison to the people of CUK that I look caring.

Comment

It seems though that:

- most of those immigrants are from the 'old' EU countries such as Spain and not the 'new' ones from Eastern Europe
                    - Possibly a good thing, for example Spain is one of the top countries where immigrants are coming from and most are young whereas the it is also the top emigration where most of the people are old thereby swapping a bunch of old people requiring care for young people who can work
                    - 30% of those people counted were coming to Britain to study and 46% were to work
                    - refugees and asylum seekers still represent only 5% of non-British immigration
                    - these reports are good for the UK because it raises the blood pressure of righties causing them to expire thus taking some of the burden from the NHS

The figures in a handy easy to read chart for you:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X