• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Net Migration Hits New Record High of 336,000

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gumbo Robot
    replied
    We're told all the time about the economic benefits of mass immigration etc.

Well, how about a situation in which there's no MASS immigration & we were all a little worse off materialistically?

Overcrowding, concreting over of the countryside, gridlocks on our roads, divisions in our society - all would be lessened.

Personally, I'd like to stick 2 fingers up to the global economy - it's based on greed, concentrates wealth and power into the hands of the few, turns the rest of us into serfs and trashes many of the things that some of us value.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Good job so many immigrants are doctors and brickies, to cope with the increased pressures on NHS and housing
    And when they themselves need medical care or housing? Oh I see, we can double the immigration rate every year...simples!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Good job so many immigrants are doctors and brickies, to cope with the increased pressures on NHS and housing

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Too many people arriving to the UK, not enough people leaving the UK.

I can see a solution to this from a personal perspective...

Leave a comment:

• Martin Scroatman
    replied
    Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
    And people wonder why there is pressure on the NHS, schools, roads, social services etc. That will be over 3.3 million in just ten years!

An added pressure is on pay levels, basic supply and demand, lots of low skilled workers reduces demand and pay for low skilled UK workers.
    The Office of National Statistics said the UK will face an influx of at least 10 MILLION people by 2039, with around two-thirds of that figure coming from migration

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Why didn't we vote UKIP?

Oh yes. 12% did. But get just 1 seat.

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    And people wonder why there is pressure on the NHS, schools, roads, social services etc. That will be over 3.3 million in just ten years!

An added pressure is on pay levels, basic supply and demand, lots of low skilled workers reduces demand and pay for low skilled UK workers.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Great news for soaring house prices.

Leave a comment:

• Martin Scroatman
    started a topic Net Migration Hits New Record High of 336,000

Those are just the net figures.

We have to consider the churn and, according to an old boy who props up the bar at my local, that'll be rocket scientists out, illiterate goat herders in

I hasten to add that's not the Scroatman take on things....

Working...
X