• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buy to let stamp duty surcharge and other related news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy to let stamp duty surcharge and other related news

Buy-to-let homes face higher stamp duty:

Autumn Statement: Buy-to-let homes face higher stamp duty - BBC News

Good article showing the differing opinions on the BTL market:

theRatandMouse - London's property blog

The other was the 'paying Capital gains' in 30 days of selling an asset. How does that work when you may have capital losses at a year end. Basically seems like a case of we want our pluses immediately, you'll have to wait for SA to make any adjustments.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

He linked the 30 day thing to the "digital revolution" but I guess that's a good point. However, would that affect many people? Only those who hold a substantial number of properties - in which case, oh well nobody cares
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        He linked the 30 day thing to the "digital revolution" but I guess that's a good point. However, would that affect many people? Only those who hold a substantial number of properties - in which case, oh well nobody cares
        It's not about just properties is it? What about shares? I still have 100 shares I bought in SKA back in the day when AtW needed to raise funds. I bought 10% of his company for a quid, just think of the gains I've made since then when I come to see 'em!.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You can get a 3 bed Victorian terrace for about £70k in the north east and rent it for £550 a month. No stamp duty involved.
          Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I still have 100 shares I bought in SKA back in the day when AtW needed to raise funds. I bought 10% of his company for a quid, just think of the gains I've made since then when I come to see 'em!.
            one stuffed Squirrel & one sofa cushion (slightly soiled)?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's not about just properties is it? What about shares? I still have 100 shares I bought in SKA back in the day when AtW needed to raise funds. I bought 10% of his company for a quid, just think of the gains I've made since then when I come to see 'em!.
              Oh, maybe. I don't know what attracts CGT TBH.

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
              You can get a 3 bed Victorian terrace for about £70k in the north east and rent it for £550 a month. No stamp duty involved.
              You wouldn't pay 3%? Exempt properties are exempt rather than 0%+3%?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Big Landlords

Commercial property investors, with more than 15 properties, are expected to be exempt from the new charges.
                Or, "Friends of the Conservative Party", as they are also known.....

Comment

How are they actually going to define BTL purchase and holiday homes.

Sounds easy, but I can think of a few tricks to get round it.

In fact, MPs should know all about this - given how many of them flipped their primary and secondary residences to avoid CGT.

Comment

Have you made enough for a new DFS sofa yet?

Comment

Working...
                    X