• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The official "Autumn Statement 2015" AKA "End of Contracting" thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Guess we will have to wait for the full release to find out what's happening, not surprising we were left out as its not really gonna make the headlines one way or the other, I guess that's why they are trying to shaft us
    I bet there will be nothing in the full release. They are just using standard bully/scare tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Did you find that using SKA, that has been funded using tax-payers' money?

What tax payers money?

Comment

Bearing in mind the T&S review was published after the summer statement do you think we could be in for a wait until next years summer budget to get the consultation on IR35?

I dont think I can hold out that long

Comment

Here we go:
          https://www.gov.uk/government/public...2015-documents

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Why do you want him to raise taxes?
            Well, I want him to raise taxes in order to provide for a more equitable society, in which the NHS is adequately funded, and assistance is available to the disadvantaged. But I'm given to understand that I'm a bit of an outlier on here

Comment

From the detailed document!!

Employment intermediaries and tax relief for travel and subsistence – As confirmed at Summer Budget 2015, the government will legislate to restrict tax relief for travel and subsistence expenses for workers engaged through an employment intermediary, such as an umbrella company or a personal service company. Following consultation, relief will be restricted for individuals working through personal service companies where the intermediaries legislation applies. This change will take effect from 6 April 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Agree to a point, but I think he would have mention if they were taking away ER relief.
                That can be in PDF. Something alone the lines of "protecting the C of E tax collections".

Comment

Quick scan suggests no IR35 details though.

Comment

As confirmed at Summer Budget 2015, the government will legislate to restrict tax relief for travel
                    and subsistence expenses for workers engaged through an employment intermediary, such as an
                    umbrella company or a personal service company. Following consultation, relief will be restricted
                    for individuals working through personal service companies where the intermediaries legislation
                    applies. This change will take effect from 6 April 2016.

Comment

from https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...Accessible.pdf

3.20 Employment intermediaries and tax relief for travel and subsistence – As
                      confirmed at Summer Budget 2015, the government will legislate to restrict tax relief for travel
                      and subsistence expenses for workers engaged through an employment intermediary, such as an
                      umbrella company or a personal service company. Following consultation, relief will be restricted
                      for individuals working through personal service companies where the intermediaries legislation
                      applies. This change will take effect from 6 April 2016.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X