• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What Would be Your No.1 Reason for Quitting the UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MattZani
    replied
    Number 1 reason to leave? Getting a girl pregnant

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    It was so long ago, I don't remember why.
    But I am sure a short visit, would refresh my memory very quickly. I may not even have to leave Heathrow.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    From my house I can only see my neighbour through her net curtains if I use the really long lens on my camera.
    Get yourself some binoculars, on a stand, far more convenient, hands free

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    We pay less tax than those countries but still get free healthcare, free education and a half-decent welfare system.
    I know we pay less, however, I see poor value, compared to those places, is my point.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
    Live in London? That really isn't the UK. From my balcony my rifle can't hit my neighbour.

That says more about your skills as a marksman.

From my house I can only see my neighbour through her net curtains if I use the really long lens on my camera.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    That's always my point, we pay a lot of tax, but, don't really see where it is been spent.

This is unlike places like the Netherlands, Denmark etc. where you pay a lot, but you can see where it goes.
    We pay less tax than those countries but still get free healthcare, free education and a half-decent welfare system.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    These two chaps are a big push too...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Too many baby boomer grey haired brigade is a big driver for me.
    Grecian 2000 is the answer.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    What Would be Your No.1 Reason for Quitting the UK?

Too many baby boomer grey haired brigade is a big driver for me.

Though I Iike the style of this old lady!

Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 20 November 2015, 12:24.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    That's always my point, we pay a lot of tax, but, don't really see where it is been spent.

This is unlike places like the Netherlands, Denmark etc. where you pay a lot, but you can see where it goes.

Car tax is another, the old man said they should get enough in to tarmac the whole country.

The reality is poor quality roads, full of road works, with no one working

Leave a comment:

Working...
X