• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What Would be Your No.1 Reason for Quitting the UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gumbo Robot
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Move to a different part of the UK... many parts are quite remote and the prevailing weather varies considerably. West is damp and warm, east is drier and cold.

Edinburgh?

I thought the weather was pretty good this year until the last 2-3 weeks?
    I was a student in Newcastle. My memories are of it being very bleak windy. I'm guessing Edinburgh isn't much different.

Realistically it would be Spain for me as it's the place with the most agreeable climate where there's also some chance of earning a living. Australia doesn't appeal - not that I've ever been there.

Leave a comment:

• pjt
    replied
    The current planned attack on my business by the Tory's is tempting me to relocate!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I've got a list if it helps.

1. Overcrowding. 10m more immigrants are due to arrive in the next few years, adding to infrastructure woes.
    2. LibLabCon and their identikit policies
    3. Climate. Andalucia is the nearest place with type of climate I require.
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 20 November 2015, 10:50.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Brillopad being elected leader of the Tory Party

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Originally posted by alphadog View Post
    Too many people in too smaller space for my liking

Live in London? That really isn't the UK. From my balcony my rifle can't hit my neighbour.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    For me, undoubtedly the miserable climate. I don't mind cold, icey weather but the grey, damp, mild weather that seems to be the default in this country is misery inducing.

I'd have had to lost all my friends and family.

Don't care where I am as long as I can go down the pub with my mates once in a while.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    For me, undoubtedly the miserable climate. I don't mind cold, icey weather but the grey, damp, mild weather that seems to be the default in this country is misery inducing.

Originally posted by alphadog View Post
    Move to a different part of the UK... many parts are quite remote and the prevailing weather varies considerably. West is damp and warm, east is drier and cold.

Edinburgh?

I thought the weather was pretty good this year until the last 2-3 weeks?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Being forced to hand in my CUK membership. I look forward to joining CUAE.

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied

As well as the scum it causes to grow on the walls, who then do PPE courses and become career politicians.

Leave a comment:

• alphadog
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X