• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Telegraph article joint income of £190k and can't save anything

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
    My god joint income of £190k and can't save 'We earn £190k a year. Do we need to sell our flat to afford private school fees?' - Telegraph what a bunch of idiots, if I was there employers I would be embarrassed.
    Their cleaner just shed a tear.

well okay maybe not.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Quite interesting how the emotions of envy and control come spewing out at the sight of someone making more money than another person. I did not read of any moaning or complaints about their lifestyle at all. I did read that they faced a challenge of getting what they want out of life from the income they earn. I also see the column as one set out to give advice to others on financial matters.
      So they live beyond their means and than have two kids which they can't afford. Frigg if they were poor we'd be flogging them by now.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
        So they live beyond their means and than have two kids which they can't afford. Frigg if they were poor we'd be flogging them by now.
        well they are rich so they need to pay us to flog them!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

They only have a few hundred pounds in cash savings and have a very limited knowledge of investment...
          David Smith, head of financial planning...
          Classic!

Comment

They are not in a position to refuse they are just asking for advice.
            Unlike your ilk they are not asking for anyone else to support their lifestyle
            You really do spew some unmitigated crap sometimes...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              You really do spew some unmitigated crap sometimes...
              Explain
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
                I still read it because there's the occasional glitters of gold in it, but the dross:gold ratio is beginning to lean heavily in favour of the former.
                There's a lot of noise from air-headed, left leaning bloggers so I hardly read it any more other than giving the home page a perfunctory scan once in a while.

Don't know what the paper copy is like these days - I presume it's free of all the bilge from the likes of Dan Hodges et al.

Comment

K
                  Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
                  There's a lot of noise from air-headed, left leaning bloggers so I hardly read it any more other than giving the home page a perfunctory scan once in a while.

Don't know what the paper copy is like these days - I presume it's free of all the bilge from the likes of Dan Hodges et al.
                  Well it was a bit of an over-reaction on my part in relation to this particular piece, but they do out out quite a few 'let's hate on those rich w@nkers' pieces that I find irritating. I don't think the majority of their readership appreciate it, either.

Still, I like seeing what the mainstream press is chatting about from time to time, so it'll do in that respect. Plus, Ambrose Evans-Pritchard, Jeremy Warner and Allistair Heath put out some really good pieces, even if I disagree with the former two on quite a bit. You also get Dodgy posing as Boris Johnson.
                  Last edited by Zero Liability; 20 November 2015, 08:49.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Expect these kind of sob-stories about contractors from next week. "Mark earns 100k+ per year and works through a company to avoid paying income tax, but under new rules he says he risks going bankrupt". Etc.
                    That'll be my interview with the Wail set up post Autumn statement, then
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Explain
                      They are not in a position to refuse they are just asking for advice.
                      Unlike your ilk they are not asking for anyone else to support their lifestyle
                      Read the article, properly, not the one that is shown today as it seems that a lot has been cut out since yesterday, probably to do with the comments...The one where they said they "don't" want to do this or "don't" want to do that, Maybe they could lobby the 'working man's party' for middle class benefits

And what is my ilk? I'm not asking anyone to support my lifestyle, I do that myself. I have 3 contracts, work more than 12 hours a day most days and manage to support myself quite comfortably at the moment and when I can't then I cut back which is what these people don't want to do. In fact I could be like them, rich and arrogant, if I could cut out the middleman, like yourself, who I also have to support which would give me even more money
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X