• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crackdown on personal service companies could raise £400m in tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkT View Post
    How could that work? Loads of genuine companies have 1 main client. What happens to them?
    Do you think whatever this turns out to be will be drafted with being workable in mind ?????
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      You're right about one thing though - I've also thought about when I quit IT, to keep the funds in the Ltd and re-brand the company as a Property development company, or something like that, and then use the funds to grow that new business.
      Now that sounds like a superb idea, are there any problems with doing this?
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

So the death of contracting was greatly exaggerated?

All of the contracts I have so far have been come in, built a thing, finished and went to my next contract. With very little direction.

I am not a disguised employee and I hope the test can reflect that.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          But seriously, clients will not pay contractors a higher rate and they won't care what your personal tax situation is. And the likelihood is that cheaper contractors/consultants/offshore teams will pick up the slack.
          It depends how valuable you are to them.

They may well be the ones defining your tax status.

I would want to know in advance how the client reviewed a role from an ir35 perspective so I could gauge the rate accordingly.

And think if all those lively contracts that will need to be re-wrirren.

Comment

It's a market.
            It will adjust.
            I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
              It's a market.
              It will die.
              FTFY

Comment

It wasn't a very valuable market in that case.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The market may well spit out the disguised overpaid permies, but I'm fine with that, in fact I think it's long overdue.

Consultants who actually consult won't be going anywhere. Clients, you know, consult us. That requirement won't vanish no matter what inane codswallop Osbourne dreams up.
                  I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
                    The market may well spit out the disguised overpaid permies, but I'm fine with that, in fact I think it's long overdue.

Consultants who actually consult won't be going anywhere. Clients, you know, consult us. That requirement won't vanish no matter what inane codswallop Osbourne dreams up.
                    so you are ok with one month "consulting" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                      so you are ok with one month "consulting" ?
                      I'll be OK come what may.
                      I'll decide what I need to do personally once we hear from the horse's mouth.
                      I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Working...
                      X