• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Times where you nearly 'bought the farm', had things been slightly different

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing of this thread...

On the way back from the airport today I was lane splitting through the rush hour traffic. An Audi door was flung open open as a young mother indistinctly reacted to her crying baby in the back seat. The sound of 500kg of motorcycle, rider & pillion screeching to a halt was only surpassed by the look on her face when she heard, then saw it approaching. I looked at her in amazement (she was amazingly beautiful), she apologised and got back into the car.

I shall not complain about Integral ABS ever again.

Comment

I remember the last time I nearly bought the farm, it was a close thing.

However, £15m for 300 acres including agricultural building, livestock and farm hands didn't stack up. So I walked.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

However, £15 and all my food stamps for 300 acorns didn't stack up. So I walked.

HTH BIDI
        FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

However, £15m for 300 acres including agricultural building, livestock and farm hands didn't stack up. So I walked.

HTH BIDI

I supposes MF snapped it up.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
            Timing of this thread...

On the way back from the airport today I was lane splitting through the rush hour traffic. An Audi door was flung open open as a young mother indistinctly reacted to her crying baby in the back seat. The sound of 500kg of motorcycle, rider & pillion screeching to a halt was only surpassed by the look on her face when she heard, then saw it approaching. I looked at her in amazement (she was amazingly beautiful), she apologised and got back into the car.

I shall not complain about Integral ABS ever again.
            Recently I was on Eltham High Street meeting my kids for dinner. I was oin pavement near pedestrian crossing. The road had queueing traffic. A motorcycle came up the outside quite quickly - over pedestrian crossing. Lights green for the motorcycle. Woman with buggy and 2 small children going over crossing. Motorcycle stood on front wheel and only just avoided flipping over the top.

Although the motorcycle had the right of way(lights green, traffic stationary), you should always assume in London that someone is going to get in your way.

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              You should always assume in London that someone is going to get in your way, of purchasing your dream house, by guzumping you.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                FTFY
                that was for Mauve monkey?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                X