• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dividends beyond £5k taxed wef 2016!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7.5% tax increase won't put me off a venture into permiedom for now at least.

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
      7.5% tax increase won't put me off a venture into permiedom for now at least.
      Exactly I'd rather pay 2k pay than have a bunch of 121s checking my targets against company values [emoji16] a la permieville. But the expenses IR35+ is no cool!
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

So who is moving to an IOM type scheme then.

Comment

Originally posted by Datalink View Post
          So who is moving to an IOM type scheme then.
          Maybe this chap -

George Osborne family business' £6m offshore deal - Channel 4 News

Comment

I intend to put my money offshore and then follow it! George would be proud.

Comment

This is the price to pay for putting in a chancellor who studied History rather than PPE...

Oh wait.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                18 page threads often go ot then they have run their course.

Given there will be a new tax and most will have to pay around 2k more pa, there is little opportunity to mitigate it, so live with it or get out.

IMO people should be more worried about IR35 Mk IV and expenses legislation than this.

Until the up the basic dividend tax rate to 20% of course.
                Indeed, the 2k will hurt, but I can cope with that. The possible problems with expenses do concern me and IR35 is back on the table which will seriously upset some in IPSE who'd considered it dead and had abandoned the campaign, of course it was abandoned all too early since it's likely to be back with a vengeance.

Comment

Switzerland has got to be a serious option now. High rates and reasonable taxes and only a short flight away.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                    Switzerland has got to be a serious option now. High rates and reasonable taxes and only a short flight away.
                    Quiet, but have you taken into account that there is NAT there?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      I suppose you could be that unprofessional about it.
                      Obviously my post was written to amuse, but seems to have caught you in a bad mood.

To see the kind of wording that is appropriate, dig out one of those letters the utility companies are always sending to explain their rate increases. Then use similar language...

Comment

Working...
                      X